My Pillars of Eternity Story

Sensuki

With less than a week to go before release, I thought I would talk about my story and why I'm so invested in Pillars of Eternity

There's a couple of parts in the video where I say the wrong word associated with what I'm talking about - for instance I say NWN2 when I'm talking about NWN1. I think I say FPS gamer instead of PC gamer one time as well. Forgot to mention Warcraft 3 in with the mmid-2000 RTS games too :/ lol

I also forgot to mention Sean Dunny in the video along with the other Obsidian devs I've had personal contact with, so I'd like to add a thanks to Sean for his personal correspondence along with the other developers I mentioned.

Hope you like it.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 45

That was very cool. I always wondered, as every time I saw your name crop up and your post count rise through the thousands, how someone could be so invested outside of the team. I always wanted to try to contribute more when I saw that you had a dozen new ideas, new bug reports, and new videos.

I look forward to seeing more from you in the next few months, and thanks for all the hard work!

• Like 1

With less than a week to go before release, I thought I would talk about my story and why I'm so invested in Pillars of Eternity

There's a couple of parts in the video where I say the wrong word associated with what I'm talking about - for instance I say NWN2 when I'm talking about NWN1. I think I say FPS gamer instead of PC gamer one time as well. Forgot to mention Warcraft 3 in with the mmid-2000 RTS games too :/ lol

I also forgot to mention Sean Dunny in the video along with the other Obsidian devs I've had personal contact with, so I'd like to add a thanks to Sean for his personal correspondence along with the other developers I mentioned.

Hope you like it.

Sensuki..Cheers to you . All you dedication has helped to make a difference an you should  be proud of the impact you contributed to the game and community.

• Like 2

Under a black flab we compile.

it sounded like a coming out.

sensuki, might u be intrested in doing a IE game nostalgia skype conference podcast or something?

Edited by mrmonocle
  • Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I came to visit the forums after a few months and glad I got to see this.

Thanks Sensuki for all your hard work. There were many things I learned from your videos and even learned some of the mechanics that were in Baldur's Gate that I didn't know before, even though I also replay it every year.

When I first got the beta I was having lots of troubles with the beetles but luckily right after that I saw your videos on how to deal with them and it all became clear on how to approach combat from then on.

I still won't support this game because there just too many design decisions that I just can't agree with and never will.

I'm sorry I didn't show support for you're ideas very much even though I agreed with most of them. I should have been more supportive, but some of the things in real life really put me on the edge at that time, along with my waning support for this game

Also sorry to hear that the people who were criticizing your critique videos got to you. Overall I thought that your videos were very well received and I didn't find them at all harsh. There are some serious fruitcakes on this forum if they found THAT harsh. Or maybe it was their only retort against your ideas, who knows.

You're a great presenter and your knowledge of figuring out game mechanics is well above most people. I seriously hope you one day get in to game development. You would definitely get my support.

• Like 2

Me and Roby have a thing where we yell "it's not like the IE games!!" in our terrible Aussie accents. Just our way of getting back at you at the office. ;)

I'll be honest, coming in on the weekend to work and reading hateful posts can be a bummer, especially when you're busting your butts already. But I also remember myself as a young gamer spewing poison on the old diablo 1 forums, so I know what it's like while waiting for a game you really care about. Beyond the negativity stuff though, I think community members like you helped us gain a perspective that is hard to maintain when you're in the eye of the storm 24/7, and also found a ton of bugs for us. So I thank you for investing so much of your time in our project and hope you enjoy the game on release. J

• Like 35

Me and Roby have a thing where we yell "it's not like the IE games!!" in our terrible Aussie accents. Just our way of getting back at you at the office. ;)

I'll be honest, coming in on the weekend to work and reading hateful posts can be a bummer, especially when you're busting your butts already. But I also remember myself as a young gamer spewing poison on the old diablo 1 forums, so I know what it's like while waiting for a game you really care about. Beyond the negativity stuff though, I think community members like you helped us gain a perspective that is hard to maintain when you're in the eye of the storm 24/7, and also found a ton of bugs for us. So I thank you for investing so much of your time in our project and hope you enjoy the game on release. J

Kaz, if anyone is hating on you, call us and we'll send a hit squad, because in all honesty, you're awesome, and a truly, truly amazing artist. There are no words for how much I like your work. Just looking at the portraits, I sincerely think that it's the best portrait art in an RPG in decades, if not ever. If there is a single developer that does not deserve hate, I think you'd easily qualify.

Your work is appreciated beyond measure.

• Like 15

t50aJUd.jpg

Didn't watch and probably won't. Not at all surprised to see Sensuki trying to make this all about him again.

Wish there was a way to make it stop.

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Didn't watch and probably won't. Not at all surprised to see Sensuki trying to make this all about him again.

Don't be jelly! I don't agree with even near all his opinions, but no-one can deny to effort he has put into helping Obsidian make this the best game possible.

• Like 5

Yeah, I'm sure that he did. The entitled attitude and tone wasn't necessary though.

Obsidian isn't making a game for him.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So, why bother posting? Easy way to make it stop is to ignore his posts, not comment on them.

I know it's the Internet, but please.  =/

• Like 2

Probably for the same reason that you replied to mine.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm sure that he did. The entitled attitude and tone wasn't necessary though.

Obsidian isn't making a game for him.

Multiple people have asked him why he is so dedicated to this game. This video is for them.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.