Having a Godlike as main character (NPC reaction)

Godlike are viewed differently by the various factions, faiths, and cultures of the world. Sometimes, the reaction they get is overwhelmingly positive. Many times, the reaction is overwhelmingly not - From the wiki

Those who played the beta can please tell me how was playing as Godlike? Too many positive/negative reactions? Its more a flavour to the dialogues or it can really influence the story? Cheers

Yeah, I'm going to join the chorus here in saying that I didn't notice much, but the backer beta is a small slice, content-wise especially, of the full game. You don't really get to interact with any major factions, either, so eh.

t50aJUd.jpg

Other question regarding the Godlikes: Are the other death godlike male Head Choices as ugly as the standard one? ^^

...if by "the standard one" you mean the donghead, I'm sad to say... that's actually the best one.

I'm really not a fan of it, and it's the only one that currently has an available portrait, but it is definitely the best one in my opinion. I'll upload a snapshot of all the heads later, Male and Female.

t50aJUd.jpg

Alright, so, here we go:

Males:

p3S9duJ.png

Females:

B0JM7XS.png

They should be properly sorted, so the first is head #1, second #2, etc.

It should be noted that the female head #1 is shaped a lot like "backwards bat ears". It does not come across in the lighting on the screenshot, so I should point it out. Also, all of the heads have an ominous black smoke either slowly swirling around or rising from various parts. This also does not come across well at all in the screenshots.

Out of these, I really dislike all the male ones, but especially #2 and #3. Also not a fan at all of female #1.

I really wish that there'd be something like female #2 and especially female #3 for men.

I really love female #3 and female #2 is still really great. Male #1 could look really, really good if it was just "cut off" or topped off at a regular head height with something like the female #2.

And like I said earlier, only Male #1 and Female #3 currently has portraits.

Death-godlike-male-portrait.jpg     Death-godlike-female-portrait.jpg

Man, I wish I could just have something that looks like a bony helmet, like female #2.

Instead phallic jokes about male deathlikes being all about the horns.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Warning.

This post may or may not include triggers for triggerable people or social justice warriors with mountainous chips on their shoulders.

Guillermo Del Toro called, and he wants his heads back.

The pillars of eternity is an allegory of rape, the figurative pillars violently penetrating the eternity of the soul

Brace for incoming involuntary egg-laying and unwanted childbirth.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Disturbing and tumorous fits the theme imo.

Sure, they are unlikely to be featured in the Delightful Creatures of History, but there ye go.

I don't think anyone minds that, but why does the female heads (well, 2/3) get to look like awesome disturbing and tumorous, while male heads gets 4 horns and a dong? D:

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Hehe!
I suppose they tried to retain some gender specific aspects on the designs, horns (definitely the phallus) being mainly a male feature in nature, while females generally being more streamlined.

Do we now if there will be more heads to choose from at release or is the char creator in BB final?

• Like 1

Hehe!

I suppose they tried to retain some gender specific aspects on the designs, horns (definitely the phallus) being mainly a male feature in nature, while females generally being more streamlined.

Do we now if there will be more heads to choose from at release or is the char creator in BB final?

I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if the models were changed or added to at this point. Unfortunately.

t50aJUd.jpg