What are you most excited about?

After playing quite some time with the Backer Beta since it's first release I started to realise that what I was the most eager to do was...

To have a party not named BB Fighter, BB Rogue, BB wizard and BB cleric xD.

But, at the same time, the stronghold mechanic looks quite interesting as well ;).

Edited by The Mist Devil
  • Like 1

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

I think I'm most interested in exploring the storyline and world, and seeing how interesting and likeable the companions are, particularly.

Then firing all the ones who are jerks or bores and replacing them with silent minions from the Adventurer's Hall! HAH! AND DON'T COME BACK!

Of course given how much companions in CRPGs in general have improved since the immensely punchable hall of loudmouthed prats that was the cast of BG1/2, maybe I won't have. Virtually every game since has steadily edged towards giving me a reason to like most of the characters. There's usually still one divot per set of companions, though - looking at you Oghren (DA:O), Sebastian Vael (DA2) and Cole (DA:I)!

• Like 1

Reputation and disposition.

I'm looking forward to a game where I actually get to role-play a character in a non-trivial way, and have the world acknowledge and react to it. I'm even considering distributing my attributes and skills purely on role-play grounds, leaving the mechanical optimization to talents and feats, and see how that pans out.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I'm most excited about the books and I wont start playing PoE before finishing those first.

• Like 1

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

Being slaughtered by beetles.

Ok roleplaying a character again in a game I have not yet played. Almost thinking of writing a journal just so I can remember my impressions at different parts of the plot.

I am excited about the IE mode that will fix all those annoying mechanics and design choices that everyone seem to argue about in the beta forums...

Other than that I hope the Boss fights will be Epic and the story will make me hate Obsidian for neglecting  my work.

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

Right now, it's really just digging my teeth into the actual *game*, beginning, middle and end with all it entails, after playing the backer beta for so long.

As far as features, well, that's hard to pinpoint... I look forward to everything to do with reactivity and choices, the reputation stuff, solving things in different ways and so forth.

Also, just soaking in the atmosphere of the beautiful art, sounds, music, the scope... all that stuff.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

the story and the companions, and Dungeon crawling for epic loot.  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing: ........

To my knowledge they have been really secretive about the plot, and I think that is really cool.

Really excited to just get lost in the world and the lore.Gonna play my Bleak Walker paladin like a wasting storm,turning the world on its head, and I can't wait to do so :)

"Very well permit me on this night. To break your hearts once more. This is the story of the Chain of Dogs. Of Coltaine of the Crow Clan, newly come fist to the 7th Army"- Duiker:Memories of Ice

I would have to say that I'm excited about the stronghold, the super mega dungeon, learning more

about all the companions backstories and also finally founding out what the game's main plot is.         

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´