Apparently there are things that Russians can do well

Darkpriest

looks better than any US superhero movie I have seen :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

With all the advances in technology, why is dubbing still so bad in movies?

Ah well, subtitles are still the way to go.

well, sometimes the dialogue in the movie being dubbed is just that bad.  also, translations and voice actors is expensive. for a miyazaki animated film that disney is gonna release outside o' Japan, they spare little expense for good voice actors.  not so much the case for guardians, eh?

HA! Good fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

mongol-attack.jpg

the mongols did pretty well.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

~*The wives and mistresses of Pushkin, Tolstoy and Dostovyevsky*~

That was actually interesting.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Russian racial genetic superiority.  Because in Medieval times Russian states are major slavetraders in East Europe we can compare prices to slaves and summarize  what nation/ethnic group/race have superior quality. We can compare in prices of Venice - major European slave market in Europe

In 1554 year Russian capture big amount of Swedish slaves in war and sold out them later.

Price of this Nordic master race slaves is 0,2 lir.

bocksten-man1.jpg

Average price to European slave 50 - 90 lir

Average price of African slave in XV century (New World) ~ 100 lir

Average price to East European slave 139 lir

highest price for Caucasian European elite slavegirls (Circassians)  -  from 839 to 1459 lir

0_7b97f_2b4ee7af_L.jpg

minimal price to Russian slavegirls - 1122 lir

maximal price to Russian slavegirl... and maximal price of slave in history - 2093 lir

for comparision :

knight warhorse 20 - 50 lir

fullpalte armor 10 lir

castle ~ 500 lir

Palace in metropolis ~ 3000 lir

Yep, only kings and magnates can buy Russia slaves - Russian slaves so elite, that they only considered as palace guards/servants or personal assistents for power figures. Nobody can resist to superior Russian creatures, if some Russian elf decide seduce someone - mortals foreigners have no chances for win in this competition.

http://youtu.be/8XGIRLwcw4o

Sauce

http://scisne.net/a-1494

So you say everyone are rating russians very high.

fix you.  
I can remember funny talk on some gay forum where Latino gays tell their secret desires about godlike Russian ubermenches....

because of this epic butthurt happened when Russian ban gay propaganda to childrens and ban adoption of Russian kids into Western sex slavery

Especially when you can have a "palace" for a mere 907 lir more! Wacky Russians could be ruling the world if they didnt waste all their monies on overpriced hookers. :yes:

Dont forget the Russian strippers, they are also an important part of understanding where all the Russian revenue goes  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tell us more about those Circissian girls, oby.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Two examples of ancient Russian surnames.

1. German. Popular medieval Russian christian name referred to saint Germanus of Auxerre. In ancient Russia only nobles have surnames originated in names (name, son of 'name of ancestor'). Modern Russians with such surnames are descendants of medieval Russian Nobility.

http://youtu.be/pFvEIDKD2AM

2. Temnikov. Originate in ancient Russian title - Temnik - war leader of Tma (very big army (other meaning is Darkness)). This is surname of ancient Russian nobles also.

http://youtu.be/_GNxwsFIDtg

Tell us more about those Circissian girls, oby.

Russian Empire exterminate them almost all in XIX century :p

cerkez-surgununun-150-yili-20140521AW096

Well, what are you waiting for? Contact your buddies at the Kremlin and have them initialize Project Beauty, a.k.a. the Circissian female revival breeding program, pronto!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Elizarova - from christian name Elizar (Belisarius in Byzantine, originated in Jewish name Eleazar (help from G-d)). Surname of Elizarova is surname of medieval Russian noblity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katia_Elizarova
The granddaughter of head of KGB. Yep, part of Soviet elites have aristocratic origin IRL (so much difference with Western propaganda about  Russian Revolution as the rebellion of beggars) 
http://youtu.be/zCO8vRYqADY

Sevastyanova - other surname of Russian medieval nobles - from Christian name Sevastyan ( originated in titlename in Byzantine - Sebastos (Saint) ). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karolina_Sevastyanova

http://youtu.be/hqofTe6UglM

sounds like every second russian is nobleman after all

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"