Apparently there are things that Russians can do well

Darkpriest

There was one.

Ah, they used something other than Master and Margarita.  My bad.

Although a Heart of a Dog would make a good shirt too.

post-453-0-41693500-1371727294.jpg

Foreighners can't into Russian culture. :lol:

Tram, black cat, witch and quote  from Master and Margarita

But Yeshua, given the choice of sacrificing the truth or sacrificing his own life, unwaveringly stands up for truth. Answering ""It is easy and pleasant to speak the truth"" (p. 29), he goes on to express his opposition to all Caesars and rulers in the name of human freedom.

Wait, it has a picture of the doctor and a quote from Master and Margarita?  

And that cat is supposed to be Behemoth?  I have this one:

master.jpg

Bu really, as the resident Russian expert here, isn't it Oby's job to teach us about this stuff?  Would you rather use this moment to enlighten and educate, or would you prefer to just be dismissive of anyone who has shown interest in Russian culture?

Bu really, as the resident Russian expert here, isn't it Oby's job to teach us about this stuff?

Not my problem.

Would you rather use this moment to enlighten and educate, or would you prefer to just be dismissive of anyone who has shown interest in Russian culture?

Lolwut? How i can compensate your lack of Russian cultural background? Just imagine, people live in Russian culture from the birth, it's their constant environment and they easily recognise (by reflexes/instincts) all these hidden messages/images/ in art/literature. You never can become such skillfull just because you are borned/raised/lived in different culture/society.

Also other problems make your wish to understand Russian culture so impossible.

1. Language. You don't known Russian language => you don't understand their thinking patterns. Reading Russian literature in English translation is very stupid idea because these languages so alien to each other.
2. Cultural difference. WASP culture is totally different from Russian culture. We have different values, goals etc, English language can even don't have proper words for describe them. You just can't understand their motives and reasons what cause some Russian actions/reactions. It's some sort of blinds spot in your mind. Same thing vice versa, but i don't pretend to understanding Western culture. 
3. Lifestyle. For understanding Russians you must live in Russia. Without this experience of survivalism and understanding Russian environment/society you never understand Russia.
4. You newer can understand melancholy/depression of Russians just because you can't have such girls what Russians have (Russians are satiated by their lifes so strongly, that their mortido/self-destructive behaviour grows enormously). You never take such life expirience what Russians have by default. 

13259609_1110156525714643_1721228782_n.j

In other words try to educate you about Russian culture is quite useless thing and i don't want waste time for such form of activity.

In other words try to educate you about Russian culture is quite useless thing and i don't want waste time for such form of activity.

so why are you even posting here?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bu really, as the resident Russian expert here, isn't it Oby's job to teach us about this stuff?

Not my problem.

Would you rather use this moment to enlighten and educate, or would you prefer to just be dismissive of anyone who has shown interest in Russian culture?

Lolwut? How i can compensate your lack of Russian cultural background? Just imagine, people live in Russian culture from the birth, it's their constant environment and they easily recognise (by reflexes/instincts) all these hidden messages/images/ in art/literature. You never can become such skillfull just because you are borned/raised/lived in different culture/society.

Also other problems make your wish to understand Russian culture so impossible.

1. Language. You don't known Russian language => you don't understand their thinking patterns. Reading Russian literature in English translation is very stupid idea because these languages so alien to each other.
2. Cultural difference. WASP culture is totally different from Russian culture. We have different values, goals etc, English language can even don't have proper words for describe them. You just can't understand their motives and reasons what cause some Russian actions/reactions. It's some sort of blinds spot in your mind. Same thing vice versa, but i don't pretend to understanding Western culture. 
3. Lifestyle. For understanding Russians you must live in Russia. Without this experience of survivalism and understanding Russian environment/society you never understand Russia.
4. You newer can understand melancholy/depression of Russians just because you can't have such girls what Russians have (Russians are satiated by their lifes so strongly, that their mortido/self-destructive behaviour grows enormously). You never take such life expirience what Russians have by default. 

13259609_1110156525714643_1721228782_n.j

Oby I am one of the few people on this forum who understands Russian culture perfectly...remember BRICS  :geek:

So explain it to me and then  the other guys can read what you say?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oby I am one of the few people on this forum who understands Russian culture perfectly...remember BRICS  :geek:

lol, Bruce pretend be Black.

zuma-putin-e1447338909175.jpg

P.S. From my personal Exp. most fitted to Russian people are Spaniards/Latin Americans, French, Italians.

Or Finns. In my experience they both are crazy under a stoic exterior.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

lol, Bruce pretend be Black.

zuma-putin-e1447338909175.jpg

P.S. From my personal Exp. most fitted to Russian people are Spaniards/Latin Americans, French, Italians.

Shame poor Putin, having to smile and pretend he cares about black South Africans must have been tough for him

Oby there is no need to tell people in SA the truth about Russia we rather let people believe Russia does consider SA a friend  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

[

Oby how do you expect people to understand videos in Russian,....some of your videos I want to watch but its becomes pointless if I cant understand what people are saying? 

John Milton 

[

Oby how do you expect people to understand videos in Russian,....some of your videos I want to watch but its becomes pointless if I cant understand what people are saying? 

Do you can't use subtitles? You can try learn to Russian language also by same way as some descendant of Dutch colonists learnt Imperial language of conquerors for meeting with his English masters.  From my side i can only assist to you by delivering of moar Russian videos.

Vlog of some Caucasian native - diary of Hach (Russian analog of N*** word for Caucasian race).

http://youtu.be/6iRVzIL-BpE

P.S. You also tell ( in the past  )some cool stories about your "Russian"strippers-friends, you can use their help for translate also.

[

Do you can't use subtitles? You can try learn to Russian language also by same way as some descendant of Dutch colonists learnt Imperial language of conquerors for meeting with his English masters.  From my side i can only assist to you by delivering of moar Russian videos.

Vlog of some Caucasian native - diary of Hach (Russian analog of N*** word for Caucasian race).

http://youtu.be/6iRVzIL-BpE

P.S. You also tell ( in the past  )some cool stories about your "Russian"strippers-friends, you can use their help for translate also.

Oby people generally  learn languages when they are exposed to them or need to learn them for business , there is very little Russian spoken in SA

In fact this may sound weird but I dont think we even have a Russian community?

I cant ask any Russian stripper to help me learn Russian because we dont have that type of personal relationship 

John Milton 

@Bruce

Just pay her more ;P

:lol:

Its not about money, you probably wont believe this but when I go to strip clubs I have to first build a connection with any of the ladies before I pay for anything. A connection means I need to talk to them, buy them a drink or 2 and feel comfortable talking to them, it cant just be about money for me. This normally takes 40 minutes or so

But the Russian ladies generally  dont like the type of small talk I enjoy. They want business and I understand this but this makes us incompatible :)

John Milton 

But the Russian ladies generally  dont like the type of small talk I enjoy.

It's because you don't known Russian language. :lol:

You right, that is a big reason ....I know if I could speak in Russian they would be much more friendly so yes its not the fact they being rude 

John Milton 

Those shoes can not be comfortable

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Short explanation why majority of foreigners don't understand Russian writers... just because all Great Russian writers are so much Alphas. 

Alexander Pushkin

3a3bd0263e95.jpg

his wife

05_lan.jpg

and his most beloved mistress (from too many to mention other mistresses)

a3a94fc45326ae554451d03d331d3cb3.jpg

Leo Tolstoy

297907378.jpg

and his whife

f1eb4bbd6560e1cffa966348a522469a.jpg

Mikhail Lermontov

Lejzerovich2.jpg

kyGbTP7q7SI.jpg

and his mistress

1470257443158758376.jpg

Nikolai Gogol's

32_07_02.jpg

and his mistress

147025683311184206.jpg

Anton Chekhov has numerious mistresses, prefer Japanese girls

11.jpeg

His wife

knipper_chev2.jpg

Alexander Griboyedov

60417_original.jpg

his (and Pushkin's ) mistress

6cad808da320.jpg

and his wife

1470259354145397129.jpg

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

dostoewski-trutowski.jpg

His first wife

147025618514052958.jpg

His mistress

Suslova1.jpg

His second wife

1470256285181368915.jpg

to be continued...

Ivan Bunin

events_1158_1.JPG

First wife

d53b1df650e4ae0ebc104b2d3a3724ab-500x488

Second and third wife

1465936649171237963.jpg

Last wife

91385718_4497432_byn_i_kyz_.jpg

Alexander Blok

ae9b324ff6481e1b6dc8184d1ff0ab63.jpg

first wife

183-111.jpg

second wife

5531d2d03d330f404a6d5c0d8dbe1497.jpg

mistress

03.jpg

mistress

354.jpg

Zinaida Gippius

Z_Gippius_1910s.jpg

has numerious lovers and mistresses

Dmitry_philosophov_bakst.jpg

Sophia Parnok

267px-%D0%A1%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0

has many mistresses - poet Marina Tsvetaeva is one of them

6d06bb78624681d76eaaadbb5b5ad347.jpg.jpg

Sophia Parnok and Marina Tsvetaeva share other mistress betwheen them

ri4twhp7rx.jpg

Husband of Marina Tsvetaeva

92761164_large_1350413014_lev.png

Nina Berberova is very popular poet and woman in 20s

%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%91%D0%B5%D1%

Her  husband is poet also - Vladislav Khodasevich

8.jpg

Sergei Yesenin

1427889098_969868471.jpg

him first civil wife

el1620_3.jpg

First official wife

499.jpg

Second official wife

.photo1.jpg

Yet another civil wife

27395.jpeg

Third official wife

1470260996110745967.jpg

Maxim Gorky

f65315b9c6ff5c68120da0a2d8b80cd5.jpeg

Official wife

69672265.jpg

Civil wife

52172264.jpg

Another civil wife - Maria Ignatievna Budberg - poet and spy

108174465_large_4397599_fe798a.jpg

She has many influental lovers - Yakov Peters - one of the founders and chiefs of the Cheka

Kur6.jpg

- R. H. Bruce Lockhart - British diplomat (Moscow, Prague), journalist, author, secret agent and footballer

Kur4.jpg

H. G. Wells 

i_001.jpg

Vladimir Nabokov 

Vladimir_Nabokov.jpg

Wife

1465938988168675886.jpg

Samuil Marshak

1.jpg

him  wife

1465938893128889600.jpg

• Like 1