Are there pets in the 480 bb?

Mazisky

You get a piglet from the farmer after killing the ogre.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I dont believe any of the pets "do" anything. Theyre just cosmetic.

In spite of the fact that the space piglet is supposed to be a "bonus" ?  :grin:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Do you suppose the "space piglet" (if that is one and the same) is going to "do" anything in the full game?

You mean besides "be awesome"? :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I dont believe any of the pets "do" anything. Theyre just cosmetic.

In spite of the fact that the space piglet is supposed to be a "bonus" ?  :grin:

Bonus preorder content is usually pointless.  Or economy wrecking, depending on which version of insanity the developer/publisher adheres to.

Do you suppose the "space piglet" (if that is one and the same) is going to "do" anything in the full game?

You mean besides "be awesome"? :)

Well I'm hoping it will be awesome because at some point it will do something besides randomly walking around like a piglet...

If not then perhaps we can introduce the POE world to the wonders of BACON!  :grin:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I hope there's some use to them other than just being cosmetic, even if it's minor. Something like Lim-Lim pet in the Planescape: Torment - it was involved in a minor quest where you could turn it to stone (cruel, I know :)) and use it as a pass to join the Anarchists faction.

Well I'm hoping it will be awesome because at some point it will do something besides randomly walking around like a piglet...

I can't imagine what else a piglet would ever do. I mean, it's a piglet. The options are limited. I suppose with the right crafting recipe, you could turn it into several servings of bacon, or whatever.

Although, in one of the streams we saw a while back, Josh had a baby wyrmling pet. Now that's a different story, as the mere passage of time could see that wyrmling eventually grow up and become a Dragon. And the sky's the limit on the usefulness of a pet dragon.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1