SLOWED RECOVERY WHILE MOVING - NO THANKS

Sensuki

There are virtually no pro's to moving in combat. There are only con's. Mobility is actively punished at all steps of the process.

The pro is to gain an adventageous position

I *know* you agree with me that's a pro, otherwise you wouldn't have this discussion about making movement easier and less tactical demanding.

You wouldn't do that if movement was something you see as a non-issue, would you now?

If you want to get into an advantageous position, there must be clear disadvantageous positions, and unless you botched the initial positioning, that shouldn't happen. This was covered earlier in the thread. If you have a mechanic that only comes into play when you actively screw up repeatedly, it's not really that much of a mechanic.

There is realistically no way you'd want to break Engagement and suffer movement recovery penalty just to get into a "better" position, currently. Had there not been such heavy penalties levied against movement, combat movement and re-evaluation of positioning could've been a real thing, but it's not.

t50aJUd.jpg

Very new to the fights in POE but I am starting to like engagement from the videos I have watched.To me it adds a realism aspect as you would not wanna just turn and run away while in a melee fight,plus there are some talents you can acquire later in game to allow you to disengage.Also fighters are built around engagement and removing this kinda makes them a real bland class as they lose there ability to engage multiple enemies.Plus,since fighters are usually the ones that get engaged you could use their knockdown to then move away.

Maybe a way to ease this hatred of engagement is to make it so that the enemy that gets the engagement attack has a normal recovery period?

Very new to the fights in POE but I am starting to like engagement from the videos I have watched.To me it adds a realism aspect as you would not wanna just turn and run away while in a melee fight,plus there are some talents you can acquire later in game to allow you to disengage.Also fighters are built around engagement and removing this kinda makes them a real bland class as they lose there ability to engage multiple enemies.Plus,since fighters are usually the ones that get engaged you could use their knockdown to then move away.

Maybe a way to ease this hatred of engagement is to make it so that the enemy that gets the engagement attack has a normal recovery period?

Read up on Engagement and how it works, my office is closed for the day. I'm tired of explaining it, once a day is enough.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Very new to the fights in POE but I am starting to like engagement from the videos I have watched.To me it adds a realism

I don't recall seeing any instant invisible auto attacks from even the slightest bit of movement in real life. Please show me any evidence that in a fight if you move at all you get hit by an invisible disengagement attack instantly from no discernible source.

Also fighters are built around engagement and removing this kinda makes them a real bland class as they lose there ability to engage multiple enemies.

The fact that fighters can engage more enemies is utterly meaningless. Being engaged only matters for you; not the enemy as they never disengage (with or without the mechanic). Fighters are not built around engagement as engagement does nothing for them, or anyone else.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I must play the game for awhile to form a judgement and so I will resist trying to give my opinions about engagement for now.I am wondering if engagement may just be a personal thing in the end.

In this video the young halfling lady decides to kick it and just run with her last two remaining characters while one is very hurt and is engaged.Its at 3:15.