Being very much a Baldur's Gate fan, I love the fact I've stumbled over the existence of this game. Especially since the wait for release isn't that long anymore. Problem is, however that my PC is rather old (end 2008). So, we're talking a i7-920 (2.6GHz), 6GB Ram and a Radeon HD 4850.

Does anybody here have experience with this kind of 'older' hardware running the game, or is there any way to find out how well it will run (e.g. a demo version)?

Being very much a Baldur's Gate fan, I love the fact I've stumbled over the existence of this game. Especially since the wait for release isn't that long anymore. Problem is, however that my PC is rather old (end 2008). So, we're talking a i7-920 (2.6GHz), 6GB Ram and a Radeon HD 4850.

Does anybody here have experience with this kind of 'older' hardware running the game, or is there any way to find out how well it will run (e.g. a demo version)?

Should be fine it runs ok on my Mac which while a bit newer isn't speced that much higher, i7 2.4Ghz, 8GB RAM and an AMD 6670M. The Graphics cards are about equal and the CPU's aren't that far off either so should be ok as long as your running a 64bit OS which you should be with 6GB.

Waiting on the parts for my new computer to come in.While I'm waiting, heres what I'm working with for now:Windows 7 64 bit---AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.20 GH Processor---4GB Ram------Radeon 3000.I can run a game like Diablo 3(I know I know) on normal with not to much of an issue.Sorry for the long post but how bad is the game gonna run?

"Very well permit me on this night. To break your hearts once more. This is the story of the Chain of Dogs. Of Coltaine of the Crow Clan, newly come fist to the 7th Army"- Duiker:Memories of Ice

Yeah. I will try playing this game on macbook pro i5 duo core 2.5ghz, 8gigs ram, and Iris 1024vram.  Not sure if it will do, but i'm thinking it should be ok.

That is why I wish game devs would develop a short demo like in the "old" days, so I can determine if it would be worth my money to play, in particular if my machine can run it well.  It doesn't have to be a long demo; just 1-2hrs of gameplay; enough to gauge my comp's ability to process game.