Do add-ons count in this equation? For example, what if you backed the Digital Fun Pack and picked the strategy guide as an add-on? That combination would include everything included in the Royal Edition. Would that still be mapped to the Champions Edition or would it be mapped "correctly" to the Royal Edition?

It does not take add-ons into account. There is no easy way for us to map those keys. If you have add-ons you will have to download them from the Backer Portal.

Coolness. I got the "just the game" tier and the expansion add-on, so I'm assuming I'll get my Steam key for the game on Monday or Tuesday and then another Steam key for the expansion whenever it comes out? Or will the expansion be a backer-portal only thing?

Wait, so Kickstarter backers get something extra not just the pre-order stuff ? Damn, I missed the kickstarter because I literally didn't hear about it until Torment was announced.

Shame. Will there be a way for us to get the kickstarter only bonus items ?

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

What is "Gaun's Pledge"?

Would it be a spoiler to tell us what its stats are?

Good luck at that. I've been trying to wrangle information about the pre-order items and the Kickstarter items for months, and all I keep getting is different versions of "The Kickstarter item is not the same as the pre-order items. We haven't revealed the Kickstarter item as of yet."

They are quite good at playing their cards close to the chest. :p

Ok, so as a post-kickstarter backer who backed on the website a year ago, at the "digital download" level for $35, where do I fall? "Hero" edition? Or am I going to be limited to downloading from the portal, not steam? 

I will post those mappings when I get back into the office this morning.

I'm curious about this aswell.

I popped in for a "Digital Download of Pillars of Eternity" at $35, december of 2013. What tier is that? "Just the Game" or "Digital Pack"? You post "Just the Game" at $20 and "Digital Pack" at $35. I would assume mine is the "Digital Pack"? Is it?

In other words same question as the user you replied to, with the same "What does this include?" as him. "Digital Downloadable Copy of Projection Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac or Linux.".

What are those mappings? :)

EDIT: I've come to realise, I think, that the $20-$35 disparity is from kickstarter->"slacker backing" on the website.

I guess I'll reword the question into the exact same thing as the other user: Will I receive a steam key or no? 

Edited by soedenone

Ok, so as a post-kickstarter backer who backed on the website a year ago, at the "digital download" level for $35, where do I fall? "Hero" edition? Or am I going to be limited to downloading from the portal, not steam? 

I popped in for a "Digital Download of Pillars of Eternity" at $35, december of 2013. What tier is that? "Just the Game" or "Digital Pack"? You post "Just the Game" at $20 and "Digital Pack" at $35. I would assume mine is the "Digital Pack"? Is it?

In other words same question as the user you replied to, with the same "What does this include?" as him. "Digital Downloadable Copy of Projection Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac or Linux.".

EDIT: I've come to realise, I think, that the $20-$35 disparity is from kickstarter->"slacker backing" on the website.

I guess I'll reword the question into the exact same thing as the other user: Will I receive a steam key or no? 

The backer portal 'slacker-backer' $35 option was a 'just the game' version (same as $29 eariler paypal slacker-backer and $25 KS backer)- with it we get the 'Hero Edition' on steam/gog (ncluding the pre-order bonuses (not the KS bonuses)  - code to be claimed soon (waiting on announcement probably Monday/Tuesday-ish)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

The backer portal 'slacker-backer' $35 option was a 'just the game' version (same as $29 eariler paypal slacker-backer and $25 KS backer)- with it we get the 'Hero Edition' on steam/gog (ncluding the pre-order bonuses (not the KS bonuses)  - code to be claimed soon (waiting on announcement probably Monday/Tuesday-ish)

I'll take your word for it, particularly that it will include a GoG key!

I'd like to just get a simple confirmation, though I guess I will find out soon enough anyway :)

Yeah, I mostly just want confirmation that I'll be getting a Steam key so I know whether or not buying an edition upgrade makes sense or not.

If you backed the game you will be able to choose steam or gog. My understanding is that by Monday, Tuesday at the latest they will explain everything...maybe even giving us our keys for the game.

i'm a kickstarter backer for the hero edition, but my question is that i opted in for the extra $20 for the expansion. how will this factor in? will we have a special edition that includes the expansion? or will it just be claim your hero edition and then claim your expansion once it comes out? if the latter, or maybe be able to claim the exp key on the 26th as well and then not have to worry about entering the key later down the road? (i'm getting a steam copy if that matters)

• Like 1

^I believe they said that the additional digital downloads are 'game only' (so equating to Hero edition)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

i'm a kickstarter backer for the hero edition, but my question is that i opted in for the extra $20 for the expansion. how will this factor in? will we have a special edition that includes the expansion? or will it just be claim your hero edition and then claim your expansion once it comes out? if the latter, or maybe be able to claim the exp key on the 26th as well and then not have to worry about entering the key later down the road? (i'm getting a steam copy if that matters)

I sincerely doubt there's any infrastructure in place to support keys for the expansion as of yet. Pretty certain there won't be "expansion included" keys, nor separate keys for just yet. You should expect to have to log into the Backer Portal to grab your expansion key once the expansion is done. There'll be Kickstarter Updates that'll tell you what to do when the time comes.

The $140 retail collectors edition was supposed to include 2 digital copies of the game right?  Will these both be royal edition sku?

Cheers

Uh, no? the $140 retail collector's edition contains 1 digital key (Steam or GOG), and a physical, DRM-free disc that will ship later. You may be confused with the $165 Digital Only tier?

Hi, Obsidian,

I purchased Digital Fun Pack at Kickstarter and Digital Strategy Guide with First Expansion Pack via Paypal Obsidian Pledge system.

Will I get Royal Edition? To be honest, I don't want my contents download via Backer Portal, but more inclined to download via Steam.

And apparently there is no upgrade option from Champion Edition to Royal Edition.

PS: Royal Edition = Digital Fun Pack + Digital Strategy Guide

Thanks!

If I can only get Champion Edition in this case, please sell us Upgrade from Champion Edition to Royal Edition on both Steam and GoG. I feel myself "unroyal" in this case =/ At least I want to pay $30 to get a Steam upgrade rather than download via Backer Portal.

Edited by bc1280

We are still waiting :-)

Hi, Obsidian,

I purchased Digital Fun Pack at Kickstarter and Digital Strategy Guide with First Expansion Pack via Paypal Obsidian Pledge system.

Will I get Royal Edition? To be honest, I don't want my contents download via Backer Portal, but more inclined to download via Steam.

And apparently there is no upgrade option from Champion Edition to Royal Edition.

PS: Royal Edition = Digital Fun Pack + Digital Strategy Guide

Thanks!

If I can only get Champion Edition in this case, please sell us Upgrade from Champion Edition to Royal Edition on both Steam and GoG. I feel myself "unroyal" in this case =/ At least I want to pay $30 to get a Steam upgrade rather than download via Backer Portal.

Do add-ons count in this equation? For example, what if you backed the Digital Fun Pack and picked the strategy guide as an add-on? That combination would include everything included in the Royal Edition. Would that still be mapped to the Champions Edition or would it be mapped "correctly" to the Royal Edition?

It does not take add-ons into account. There is no easy way for us to map those keys. If you have add-ons you will have to download them from the Backer Portal.

It is tough indeed, but please consider to make it possible!

The weird thing was that digital strategy guide as an ultimate digital tier was bound to $80 tier, which include an additional copy of the game.

Digital strategy guide was a $7 addon. But I don't need another copy of the game since there is none of my real life friend playing traditional cRPG.

So I chose Digital Fun Pack + Digital Strategy Guide. This equals to $80 minus additional copy of the game and equals to Royal Edition on Steam/GoG now.

What I want to say is if I knew that I must purchase $80 pack to acquire Royal Edition on Steam/GoG, I will do it.

I know I am not like any other backers who donate hundreds bucks, but myself, as early backer, would really appreciate if Obsidian can make addon purchase consider as part of tiers to SKUs.