Hello,

Both me and my brother purchased the Digital Fun Pack at Kickstarter and First Expansion Pack.

We would realy like to have all the content in GOG (royal edition) and because of a digital strategy guide (7$) we have to download half of the content via backer portal. (We dont need yet another portal to download the content of a game we backed..)

Please consider to try to find a way so the ones who backed the Digital Fun Pack dont suffer.

Thank you!

Do add-ons count in this equation? For example, what if you backed the Digital Fun Pack and picked the strategy guide as an add-on? That combination would include everything included in the Royal Edition. Would that still be mapped to the Champions Edition or would it be mapped "correctly" to the Royal Edition?

It does not take add-ons into account. There is no easy way for us to map those keys. If you have add-ons you will have to download them from the Backer Portal.

It is tough indeed, but please consider to make it possible!

The weird thing was that digital strategy guide as an ultimate digital tier was bound to $80 tier, which include an additional copy of the game.

Digital strategy guide was a $7 addon. But I don't need another copy of the game since there is none of my real life friend playing traditional cRPG.

So I chose Digital Fun Pack + Digital Strategy Guide. This equals to $80 minus additional copy of the game and equals to Royal Edition on Steam/GoG now.

What I want to say is if I knew that I must purchase $80 pack to acquire Royal Edition on Steam/GoG, I will do it.

I know I am not like any other backers who donate hundreds bucks, but myself, as early backer, would really appreciate if Obsidian can make addon purchase consider as part of tiers to SKUs.

Same here. I've backed Digital Fun Pack + Strategy Guide + Expansion, because the I didin't need the Strategy Guide + another copy of the game.

I spent $125 total, but because I went with the Digital Fun Pack and got all the other addons à la carte (including EVERYTHING listed under the Royal Edition on Steam and GOG), I still only get a Champion Edition key?  That doesn't seem right.  Even if you take out $25 for the backer beta and $20 for the expansion, that's still $80, and all the $80+ pledge packages get Royal Edition keys.

I won't have time to play the game until sometime next week anyway, so should I hold off on applying the key and ask customer service to review my total pledge in the hopes that they'll upgrade it to a Royal Edition key?

Edited by azathoth23

Unfortunately I'm another person who backed the project by getting the Digital Fun-Pack with the Strategy Guide- and Expansion-Addon.

It's kinda sad that we get the Champion Edition because it could have been so easy if they would have offered a package in their kickstarter campaign that included the strategy guide without the extra copy of the game that most people don't needed. It just doesn't feel right that we have to get our stuff from two different websites when the content of the royal edition is including everything we paid for.

I hope they try to find a solution for that. Please offer help trough customer service if it's not possible to code a script that checks if someone has the digital fun-pack with the strategy-guide addon.

Edited by ManiX

@ManiX +1 to that! I'm in the same boat(Digital Fun-Pack with the Strategy Guide- and Expansion-Addon).

Would have been nice to simply get the Royal Edition, instead of having to go thru 2 different places, manually downloading each add-on.

If they can offer a better solution(manual upgrade to royal upon request for those w/the addons?) thru customer service, as you say, all the better. But oh well, in any case still really excited; can't wait to play PoE! Thanks for all your hard work Obsidian!

A little confused. As a 1k Backer, do I only get 1 Royal or are the other ones Royal too? I don't want to tell people I'm giving away the wrong items.

The extra copies are only the base game.  You will only get 1 Royal.  The Royal you get is your copy from the physical tier match to your pledge.  So like me you would get 5 Hero Editions and 1 Royal.

So if I understand the process the stratregy guide that I bought separately as an add on will be avalaible in the backer portal only, at some point in the future. My digital pack corresponds with the hero edition and I guess that the rest of the items will be also in the backers portal. Is that right?

So if I understand the process the stratregy guide that I bought separately as an add on will be avalaible in the backer portal only, at some point in the future. My digital pack corresponds with the hero edition and I guess that the rest of the items will be also in the backers portal. Is that right?

Yes, that should be it. I also got the strategy guide and the expansion as add-ons, so they will be available at the backer portal.

@BAdler,

Hey, just to confirm, the items that are in my pledge but not on the edition which is linked to in Steam will be released separately on the """"eternity.obsidian.net/account # orders"""""" or will it be part of (in my case) steam download

I have Champions edition on Steam, which seems to be lacking some items from my pledge

so if i have this per KS:

This tier includes:

• Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.   (Box?)
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.                           (STEAM?)
  • Project Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.                                                                                     (Forum)
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.                               (???)
  • Digital download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.                                                            (STEAM?)
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.                                                                                                               (???)
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.                                                                                                                        (STEAM?)
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.                                                                                                            (???)
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.                                                                                                                      (STEAM?)
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.                                                                                                         (???)
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.                                                                                                               (STEAM?)
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.                                                                                                        (STEAM?)
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.                                                                                 (STEAM?)
  • Digital Collector's Book.                                                                                                                              (???)
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.                                                                                         (???)

Could you clarify what items will be DLed from where?

Obviously the expansion pack part of the pledge is not yet available so I am not listing it ;)

Edited by Darkpriest

Darkpriest - your Champion's edition will include whatever it says it includes on Steam.  Every digital item (well, apart from the game itself) will be available to you on the backer portal, so some things you might end up with both there and on Steam, and others will be just on the backer portal.

Darkpriest - your Champion's edition will include whatever it says it includes on Steam.  Every digital item (well, apart from the game itself) will be available to you on the backer portal, so some things you might end up with both there and on Steam, and others will be just on the backer portal.

and the backer portal would be where? is it the one tied to my account at pillars of eternity website or is it somewhere else. I have not used anything @Obsidian but this forum for a very long time :D

Nope. The editions (hero, champion, royal) were created for those folks that weren't backers. They emulate some of the tiers, but at an increased price compared to a backer tier. Nothing special about the game itself... other than the extras that come with it.

Originally, backers were not going to get these special editions because they were going to download their rewards from the Backer Portal. A few backers really wanted to get associated special editions on Steam and GOG, though. We decided to make special editions for backers because, internally, enough people thought it would be a cool thing to do. I was against it at first (because it has the possibility to confuse backers), but I think this will work out well.

I wish you had resisted, its certainly confusing to someone that hasn't been following the forums religiously. I came to redeem my key this morning and was thrown that I was getting the Champion edition when my "Digital Fun Pack" had more content in it than that, plus I had the expansion and strategy guide as add-ons. 

I liked the fact that there was an effort made to align backer editions to retail editions, other kickstarters were headaches.  I also appreciate the fact that the add-ons will be available separately in the backer portal.

A chart might help the confusion with the add-ons?  (I like charts!)

Nope. The editions (hero, champion, royal) were created for those folks that weren't backers. They emulate some of the tiers, but at an increased price compared to a backer tier. Nothing special about the game itself... other than the extras that come with it.

Originally, backers were not going to get these special editions because they were going to download their rewards from the Backer Portal. A few backers really wanted to get associated special editions on Steam and GOG, though. We decided to make special editions for backers because, internally, enough people thought it would be a cool thing to do. I was against it at first (because it has the possibility to confuse backers), but I think this will work out well.

I wish you had resisted, its certainly confusing to someone that hasn't been following the forums religiously. I came to redeem my key this morning and was thrown that I was getting the Champion edition when my "Digital Fun Pack" had more content in it than that, plus I had the expansion and strategy guide as add-ons. 

And that is where the backer portal will provide the rest to you.

Following the first post in this thread, I added the Strategy Guide, and an extra download to my Digital Fun Pack pledge, but ended up getting a key for the Champion Edition. Why would I not be getting the Royal Edition instead?

Digital Pack + Strategy Guide + Extra Download - $80.00 - Royal Edition

• Like 1

Following the first post in this thread, I added the Strategy Guide, and an extra download to my Digital Fun Pack pledge, but ended up getting a key for the Champion Edition. Why would I not be getting the Royal Edition instead?

The developers have said they weren't able to map pledges with add-ons that make them comparable to some edition to that edition; their system is only checking the primary pledge reward for which key you get.  You'll still get your strategy guide and extra key via the backer portal.

I got the Digital Download Plus + Audio Book + Expansion Pack + World Almanac + Strategy Guide + Beta Key = 132.00, however only got the Hero edition so I'm pretty sure all of that gets encompassed in the Royal edition. But who knows maybe their giving us the rest of the stuff at a later date?

The developers have said they weren't able to map pledges with add-ons that make them comparable to some edition to that edition; their system is only checking the primary pledge reward for which key you get.  You'll still get your strategy guide and extra key via the backer portal.

I can't help but feel a little slighted by this. It may mean additional work for employees, but Kickstarter backers should be allowed an exception. Since my pledges are digital and not physical, things are even easier. A Steam or GoG account has the added benefit of being a digital locker, where you can download all of your items in one place. I wish this was made clear at the time of the original post, when I decided to purchase these add-ons.

• Like 1

Kind of disappointed that I'll have to use more than one location to get everything I paid for (Hero tier but should have been Royal). But if Obsidian learns from this for future projects, I won't make a big deal out of it. Can't wait to play this game :)

Slacker backed physical box, T-shirt and expansion. Got Hero edition.

Eh, what the heck, I agree with the sentiment that all backers should just get Hero edition and then download their stuff from here. I'm upgrading to Royal Edition on my own ;)

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"