New screenshots! Things are going to get a little... awesome!

Thanks for answering the cat question. Josh's cat is awesome, but there's only one Cutest Cat for me (not showing him as it may cause a cat thread).

But seriously, how long is a dragon's flight from Lac Dinneshere? I've been to castle Maluradek with that sword and it still gets bonuses (I checked!). And that's in the middle of the Anauroch desert! :shrugz:

Nothing gold can stay.

This will be an epic tale of big headed munchkins... I don't know if I could take the story seriously with that mode. Not to mention, how will they fit through all those narrow passage ways?! Or do all the things possible in the story book mode?! Or wear those tiny hats and helms?!?   :shrugz:  >< 

But seriously, how long is a dragon's flight from Lac Dinneshere? I've been to castle Maluradek with that sword and it still gets bonuses (I checked!). And that's in the middle of the Anauroch desert! shrugnz9.gif

Back in the day, there was a whole fansite dedicated to answering that question...

...which I guess retrospectively they failed to answer since the question still plagues us to this day.

Glad to see another answer though to the eternal question... :)

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

NO OTTERS??

bangheadir0.gif

There's always pigs, but never otters. D:

Question: Are there otters in the game?

Brandon Adler: No, but we are thinking about adding wereotters as a druid form in the expansion.

fgdsasfhgasdhasd! O_O

YOU BETTER NOT BE JOKING, BAdler! You don't play with my feeling like this! Don't you.. dare.. *breaks down*

I love you all so much. Q_Q

I'm pretty jealous. There may be horses in-game, but I probably won't ever have werehorses...

• Like 2

If horses are in-game, than the answer to "werehorses?" is "in the game"

Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm pretty jealous. There may be horses in-game, but I probably won't ever have werehorses...

OH MY CARP! WHAT IF YOUR DRUID COULD SHIFT INTO CENTAUR FORM?!!!!!

O_______________O

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I don't get it why people get excited for that big head mode :mellow:

The funny thing (to me) about those are that it seems to affect more than the characters. eg, the enemy lions get giant heads too. Haven't played enough to know how universal it really is, but the lion thing cracked me up.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't get it why people get excited for that big head mode mellow.png

While indeed hilarious, I don't think many will actually play with it.

I will be one of the few. I think that is freaking awesome. I can only hope the baddies also have them.

On a less serious note to my last question, I'd like to ask about (yawn, I know) modding support. Or something pertaining to it, at least.

It's been mentioned (way back by now) that there'd be a Nexus site for Pillars of Eternity. When can we expect that to go live? I would have hoped before the release of the game, but there's not many days left now.

t50aJUd.jpg

tumblr_m18nz53fOA1qzs75go1_1280.jpg

Thats just awesome. We aleady have a portrait pack for them !! +1

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Question: What is Tim Cain's best recipe?

Tim Cain: I'm going to go with the Darkest Rauatai Cookies. Those puppies are so dark and so rich. I defy you to eat more than three at one sitting. And if you sing the song "The Final Countdown" while replacing the lyrics with "The Darkest Cookie", it might be the best culinary experience that you ever have.

I'm not sure about *best* experience. I suppose it depends on how violently you sing the song...

• Like 2

Question: What is Tim Cain's best recipe?

Tim Cain: I'm going to go with the Darkest Rauatai Cookies. Those puppies are so dark and so rich. I defy you to eat more than three at one sitting. And if you sing the song "The Final Countdown" while replacing the lyrics with "The Darkest Cookie", it might be the best culinary experience that you ever have.

I'm not sure about *best* experience. I suppose it depends on how violently you sing the song...

Even without tasting it, I suspect it's the best thing ever inspired by an 80s hair band.

• Like 2

When I was a kid, I had an obsession with otters. They were my favourite animal. I got books over at the library and read everything about them, so please include otters and were-otters in the expansion. :)

It's funny, though. When americans pronounce "otter", my mind conjures images such as this one:

526289_oichojrtezv42sunnlv7tqjmh.jpg

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***