Interview with Josh Sawyer tomorrow, Thursday the 19th at 8 p.m. EST on my Twitch channel!

Conveniently sidestepped the questions about Josh Sawyer's relation to Rob Lowe that so many in the community have been demanding answers for.

First cousin? Second cousin? Brother?! We can hear your cadence sir, and we want answers.

• Like 2

Yea the video pauses/stutters a bit in a few different places.

Bout threw up when he started talking up 4E...of all the editions for an IElike game to take inspiration from it's that one...barf.  

He's pretty much alone in his opinion on 4E...

• Like 1

Yea the video pauses/stutters a bit in a few different places.

Bout threw up when he started talking up 4E...of all the editions for an IElike game to take inspiration from it's that one...barf.  

He's pretty much alone in his opinion on 4E...

I like 4E.   :brows:

Also Sensuki would love JE's explanation....lol...someone really asked him why does he restrict movement so much in PE.

Pretty much said nuh uh.

His talk about Wizard vs Druid pretty much confirms he hates Wizards and doesn't want them to do good damage...either that or their QA is bad or scared to tell them the truth.

Edited by GreyFox
  • Like 1

It's really cool that you are so passionate about these features, but at the end of the day they're heard your complaints and they've decided not to adopt those changes.

If you don't like engagement, the IE mod already gives you the ability to turn off engagement, or so I hear. If you think wizards should be more powerful, then you'll have to wait until someone will make that happen. But it's a single player game. It hurts no-one if you don't play vanilla.  But it's their game. They put the last two years of their lives into making this, so they should be the ones to arbitrate on the way the game is balanced. They're the ones who are putting their credibility on the line, we just put a few dollars up.

There just comes a point where it's no longer constructive to harp on the same issue again and again.

• Like 3

I'm in the process of uploading the interview itself to YouTube now.  Until then, feel free to go here for the highlighted interview on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/arvaneleron/c/6358585.  And thanks for all the great questions and support--we had a great turnout, and Josh was very generous. Tried to get to as many questions as I could in 90 minutes.   :)  Feel free to stop by the channel again when I start my playthrough next week!

--Arv

http://www.twitch.tv/arvaneleron

Edited by Arvan Eleron
  • Like 1

Also Sensuki would love JE's explanation....lol...someone really asked him why does he restrict movement so much in PE.

Pretty much said nuh uh.

Someone I know asked two questions that I was interested in and both of them were deflected/dismissed.

• Like 1

I'm late to the party :( was anything asked about the likelihood of significant AI improvements from patches/expansion?

If not, I guess I'll start a thread to inquire (hopefully devs will chime in).

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Pretty much said nuh uh.

Someone I know asked two questions that I was interested in and both of them were deflected/dismissed.

That's just bull****, Sensuki. They were opinionated and barely coherent questions.

• Like 2

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Do you even know which other question I was talking about? Because I don't think you do, nice attempt at being edgy though.

I read the RPGCodex, as well, you know. Bester's questions. Try to turn down the douche.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Then why did you call a question about asking if assets are going to be externalized opinionated and barely coherent?

Bester included all of the relevant info. Right at the end it was Arvan Eleron who got what he said wrong and said "in unity", instead of unity3d files.

• Like 1

I haven't bickered with Tartantyco for a while (since October or something I think). He only started it when I posted about the recovery stuff lol.

BruceVC and his bloody romance stuff would be a funny "Noober" style NPC.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 8