You get the feeling the entire PC gaming community is getting behind PoE. I suspect it's a lot of reviewers nostalgic for the pre-cursor games, let's hope a new generation of people find them equally awesome.

Or maybe, just maybe, the game is actually really, really good... :p

35167v4.jpg

One of the reviewers noted that it took him 60 hours to finish the game with around 50 side quests on normal difficulty. I wonder how many side quests are there and if he had cleared the mega dungeon.

• Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

My only question is does the current generation of 12-19 year old's even like to read? I grew up on Zork and Enchanter so I like text heavy games but does the modern generation?  Other than that the  reviews sound awesome!  Looks like Obsidian hit a out-of-the-park grand slam!

Someone has already given it a 0 on metacrtitic didn't take as long as I thought for the trolls to come out from under the bridge.

I can understand if people don't like it and give it a four or five, but 0 is a tad harsh....

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Nice to see the first perfect 10 is up but I am concerned about the two traitors that rated PoE with 9.0 and 9.2......completely unacceptable, should be banned from Metacritic.

Escapist pegged it at 100. Looks good.

As all reviewers should.....a very sad thing to say but I am glad some are doing what they are supposed to do.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

LOL, the first user troll reviews are coming in on metacritic - serious trolls would at least wait until the final release... :p

I'm still looking forward to the review from IncGamers. Imho they are the new bastion of PC gaming.  :yes:

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg