ah well.. the game is pre-loaded onto my comp.. only 14 or however many hours left until i can play it myself.

As much as i want to watch streams, previews and the like, i am going to sit on my hands so i get to experience it all for myself :) 

But its going to be some looooong hours ahead *sigh*

One of the biggest german PC magazines made a Let's play (PC Games). The guy was 15 hours in the game and was very very positiv.

Since it was the chief editor i guess a really good review will hit the stands.

Another german preview from yesterday:

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/pillars-of-eternity/news/pillars_of_eternity,48834,3084206.html

have fun I see high marks comming in :)

Edited by Welfur

Google translate says: "Either to be unscrewed, or to run away, alas, is impossible from the topical brawls, but in the remaining cases will help the suspended language and some habits, which can be developed in any character, independent of his class."

I hate my life.

• Like 8

Google translate says: "Either to be unscrewed, or to run away, alas, is impossible from the topical brawls, but in the remaining cases will help the suspended language and some habits, which can be developed in any character, independent of his class."

I hate my life.

A comment on disengagement, perhaps? :D

Probably for the best you don't read it, it's got some vague main story spoilers.

Reviewer also says that there are not many plot twists in side quests, but the game excells at difficult moral decisions.

He also says that companions are not really on PS:T level, but more toned down like in BG or Bioware games. So nothing overly special and overly exciting, but still okay.

Probably for the best you don't read it, it's got some vague main story spoilers.

Reviewer also says that there are not many plot twists in side quests, but the game excells at difficult moral decisions.

He also says that companions are not really on PS:T level, but more toned down like in BG or Bioware games. So nothing overly special and overly exciting, but still okay.

PS:T is a holy cow. No reviewer would say that PoE is better.

RPS

"It’s a triumph. A wonderful, enormous and spellbinding RPG, gloriously created in the image of BioWare’s Infinity classics, but distinctly its own. A classic in every sense."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...ernity-review/

Videogamer

"Pillars of Eternity is modern, while evoking the past. It’s accessible, but satisfyingly complex. Its quality is undeniable, and it’s particularly heartening to see Obsidian, the underdog RPG studio with a string of thrown-bones and rough diamonds behind it, pour its sweat and passion into something they obviously love – and utterly nail it."

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/pi...ty_review.html

PC Gamer

"Pillars of Eternity is "one of the best RPGs on PC"

Edited by Justinian
  • Like 1

You get the feeling the entire PC gaming community is getting behind PoE. I suspect it's a lot of reviewers nostalgic for the pre-cursor games, let's hope a new generation of people find them equally awesome.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The Escapist:

Bottom Line: It's the best new, isometric RPG to come out in years.

Recommendation: While Pillars of Eternity is certainly banking on a nostalgic fan base, it's still an excellent RPG in its own right. It's a game rich with player agency, giving you tons of control to craft your story or explore different solutions to the presented problems. You know, actual roleplaying not simply a game with a leveling and stat system stapled on.

10/10

Edited by Justinian
  • Like 1