Going by Neogaf. Full review is embargoed until the 26th, but they can start to stream (part of) the game on the 23th.

Pretty much what Anthony Davis said on RPGcodex, then. Streaming of Act 1 allowed on Monday.

Indeed the case. Reviews are embargoed until the 26th. Lets Plays and Streamers can start today with limited progress. (Source: In the process of reviewing it myself).

Going by Neogaf. Full review is embargoed until the 26th, but they can start to stream (part of) the game on the 23th.

Pretty much what Anthony Davis said on RPGcodex, then. Streaming of Act 1 allowed on Monday.

Indeed the case. Reviews are embargoed until the 26th. Lets Plays and Streamers can start today with limited progress. (Source: In the process of reviewing it myself).

Hey, could you (and any other reviewers/streamers that post on these forums and are already playing) do us all a favour as you go through the game and keep an eye out for attribute thresholds - specifically in dialogue - to accomplish goals?  Highest needed to pass all dialogue checks for a given attribute, how much you need to pass a reasonable amount if not the most difficult, how much for the easiest checks, that sort of thing.  I don't want to end up building my first character with, say, 13 Intellect and then find when I'm already 10+ hours in that you tend to pass the checks at 10, 14, and 18, for example.

As part of the group that hasn't put any skin in this yet but interested, I'll be checking out Streams between now and release, trying to stay away from too many spoilers, but to get a feel with the game play. So for the non-buyer up to this point, not a bad idea, if I really like I'll buy it release day.

Looks like the RockPaperShotgun guy likes it.

“But John!” you cry, “I want to watch them to get an idea of whether I want to buy the game!” Ah, well, like I said, I’m not able to tell you at this point if THE GAME IS REALLY GOOD or not. So you’ll just have to continue not knowing if IT’S DEFINITELY WORTH GETTING for a couple more days.

caps/italics are his

Edited by DannyBarks
  • Like 12

“But John!” you cry, “I want to watch them to get an idea of whether I want to buy the game!” Ah, well, like I said, I’m not able to tell you at this point if THE GAME IS REALLY GOOD or not. So you’ll just have to continue not knowing if IT’S DEFINITELY WORTH GETTING for a couple more days.

caps/italics are his

Best way to avoid the embargo ever  :yes:

• Like 1

caps/italics are his

Best way to avoid the embargo ever  :yes:

I hope Obsidian sues RPS for breach of embargo. They really should not be circumventing stuff like this, positive opinions or not. A nice fat settlement should help fund PoE 2 as well.

;)

Edited by Polanski

mmorpg.com first impressions video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgbMymSal1A

dammit... I was relieved towards the end with the absence of spoilers, then the guy called his character something and I immediately recalled a part of the kickstarter video. F***! 

Wasn't the

you play something called a "watcher"

thing spoiled from the pre-KS teaser countdown

RPS had this to say:

"But John!” you cry, “I want to watch them to get an idea of whether I want to buy the game!” Ah, well, like I said, I’m not able to tell you at this point if THE GAME IS REALLY GOOD or not. So you’ll just have to continue not knowing if IT’S DEFINITELY WORTH GETTING for a couple more days."

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 2

Kotaku's Jason Schreier and Kirk Hamilton like it so far, and go into some depth on the pros and cons.

http://kotaku.com/were-really-digging-pillars-of-eternity-1693310820

(warning, mild spoilers)

Jason Schreier: Let's get this started: Pillars of Eternity is a stellar video game. Anyone who liked Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, or any of those other old isometric PC role-playing games will absolutely love Pillars
Edited by DannyBarks