[SPOILERS] What gives in the ruins below the elder lions?

Having entered them a number of times, I'm still no wiser.

I pick different questions from that booming voice at certain circular reliefs on archways - and at the end I always get no more than two places where runes light up, and the voice confirms my choices when they do (So be it!").

But what exactly happens to my character? No quests get updated??

And that weird stalagmite on the floor with skulls on it, with a hole in it (when you use the spy glass), what's it for?

I don't mind this getting spoiled for me, since I just don't get it. I have found two floors, and that weird creature with his spider buddies, but have I missed some rooms or floors? I have used search with super-high perception.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

No quest, just Adra soul weapon I think. The spear you get in the bug room sarcophagus (only Adra weapon you should have at that point) should get some kind of special after you complete the soul vessel linkage ritual.

You need the bug guy stone soul vessel as well.

After that, put 2 guys on the runes given to you by the stone faces, equip the Adra spear (I think?), click on ground near pillar and should be a cutscene.

As a note, perception doesn't mean anything for search, it's 100% mechanic, as far as I know.

Edited by mutonizer

It is odd that it is not a quest.

By the way there's a lot of stuff disabled for Stormwall Gorge ... heh. Bester and I have been snooping through it.

If you look at the world map / listen to the Audio Commentary by Matt Perez, you can get an idea of what purpose the area serves.

Edited by Sensuki

mutonizer: Perception is important in finding purple highlights in the game when searching (sneaking). If you haven't tried it, I can tell you the beta is full of purple buttons, corpses, draperies, etc. :)

I do find a spear in those ruins - it has some *missing string* stuff on it.

Aha! I always befriend the spider guy, and just send him off. Have I missed an item, perhaps?

EDIT: Does this spear appear after I have answered stone face questions? Or do I keep finding another spear?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It is odd that it is not a quest.

By the way there's a lot of stuff disabled for Stormwall Gorge ... heh. Bester and I have been snooping through it.

If you look at the world map / listen to the Audio Commentary by Matt Perez, you can get an idea of what purpose the area serves.

Have you been able to listen to some of the audio commentary? That was one of the selling point's for me in the kickstarter. I hope there's several and they're interesting.

mutonizer: Perception is important in finding purple highlights in the game when searching (sneaking). If you haven't tried it, I can tell you the beta is full of purple buttons, corpses, draperies, etc. :)

Errr, no it's not? Pretty sure everything's linked to mechanic, not Perception (outside of dialog that is)

Perception is misnamed really, should be called "Statistic #4" but then again, they are all misnamed :)

Pretty sure someone posted on this saying after testing it appears to be the mechanic skill that determines finding "hidden" items (not perception) but it is generally agreed that perception is likely to be used often in scripted events.

will see if I can test this myself (or maybe not ) LOL

Edited by wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

For real, guys???

Wow!!

That... I mean... It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Mechanics for finding hidden stuff?

I'm pretty certain my companions comment on me finding purple buttons, etc, and they game present me with text descriptions when I do - and they all discuss it in terms of "You've found something really concealed and sneaky", i.e. perception - or so I thought?

My head is reeling right now. Mechanics! :lol:

EDIT: In my latest playthrough of all BB content, I disarmed like every trap there was - and the combat log politely inform me of its level, like 8,9. 10 - and then I get some xp, but when I find a hidden key or whatever - no skill info shows up in combat log, nor do I get xp. Odd.

EDIT2: It almost borders on being a full-on bug to me, unless PoE features sentences like: "How nimble of you to find that ear ring in that crack between the floor boards" and "Imagine that you saw that feather stuck in that tapestry. You are a real tinkerer, you know."

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

As I said, all attributes are misnamed. Do NOT read them as Might, Dexterity, Perception and whatnot. Read them as Attribute #1, Attribute #2, Attribute #3 and ONLY go with the bonus they give you.

Trying to understand the relationship between the attribute names and their effect will just put you straight into an asylum.

• Like 1

Is that really irritating if you're looking to play a character who takes certain dialogue options and does well in certain challenges? Yes. Yes it is.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

As I said, all attributes are misnamed. Do NOT read them as Might, Dexterity, Perception and whatnot. Read them as Attribute #1, Attribute #2, Attribute #3 and ONLY go with the bonus they give you.

Trying to understand the relationship between the attribute names and their effect will just put you straight into an asylum.

I really wish we could just buy stats all separately and then choose our characteristics for dialogue checks separately.

If I don't value AoE and duration abilities on a certain class, now I should have a dumb character!

If I don't value Deflection and Interrupt on a class that mostly hangs in the back, now I've got an oblivious character.

/sigh.

I really wish we could just buy stats all separately and then choose our characteristics for dialogue checks separately.

If I don't value AoE and duration abilities on a certain class, now I should have a dumb character!

If I don't value Deflection and Interrupt on a class that mostly hangs in the back, now I've got an oblivious character.

/sigh.

Having talents that related to dialogue and/or other non-combat skills would be another way to handle this - especially if they were available separately from combat related talents

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

No! You have a low Attribute #5!

I'm telling you, forget the names and meaning or you'll go completely insane.

Make sure to hide all dialog "hints" too, will lower your frustration.