that is a rather Short sighted (and unsatisfactory) solution.

You're stating an opinion as fact. Two of them, even. I'm finding my Custom party far more satisfying (and much more powerful) than the mis-built NPCs Obsidian has presented to me. Moreover, I'm finding the Adventurer Hall feature to be a fantastic way to work around bugs, while I wait for Obsidian to patch my game.

and yes, once the game is released w/o respec, it is obvious that this game doesn't won't have respec.

Fixed.

Learn English. Because that's the language being used for the points you're missing.

Edited by Stun

oh, the hypocrisy. do you even read your own posts before you hit the "post" button?

You're stating an opinion as fact.

"I'm finding my Custom party far more satisfying (and much more powerful) than the mis-built NPCs Obsidian has presented to me. Moreover, I'm finding the Adventurer Hall feature to be a fantastic way to work around bugs, while I wait for Obsidian to patch my game."

your solution, which is only a solution in a particular instance, is a solution for stun 'cause you believe it to be a solution.  and your "more satisfying" and "fantastic way" nonsense is wonderful opinions, yes?  thanks for sharing. on the other hand, one need only look at the tech support portion o' these boards for a few minutes to recognize that players other than stun have different opinions.  you not needing respec fails to alter the Fact that many players do not share your opinion.  

and btw, we mean't "doesn't."  it is possible that an expansion will add in respec.  again, stun misses the point.

learn english?  funny and hypocritical.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It was going to be in the game, but it was cut.

Really? I find that doubtful, since it's fairly well-established in CRPG circles that respeccing is the devil.
This is one of the things I loved about Divinity Original Sin. It had respec, but you literally had to deal with a devil to do it. You generally didn't come up ahead of someone who had built their character that way from the start. Wouldn't mind something like that in this game, provided it stuck to that principle: a respecced character will never be as strong as one cooked from scratch. Edited by scrotiemcb

there is no rational reason for punishing players who are attempting to correct or overcome developer error.   

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You're stating an opinion as fact.

LOL

Only in Gromniristan would someone request that Obsidian divert time and resources away from Bug fixing in order to design and release a new mechanic to help us work around those bugs instead. And only on planet Gromniria would such a request be seen as anything BUT short sighted.

your solution, which is only a solution in a particular instance, is a solution for stun 'cause you believe it to be a solution.

Oh No, it's a little more than that. It's also a solution for anyone who places vital gameplay importance on character builds, and who won't hesitate to whine and bitch all over this forum simply because a single talent he chose on his character isn't functioning correctly (ie. YOU). In my case, I found a Wizard. This game's stock wizard, Aloth. I got him in my party, then I looked at his stats. 12 Might, 16 Intelligence. And his Grimoire lacked both Slicken and Chill fog. What garbage. So I dumped him, then went right inside the Black Hound and created myself a better wizard. One with 21 might, 18 intelligence, Chill Fog and Slicken. FIXED. I then found Grieving Mother....and did the same after seeing how mis-built she was. FIXED.

And...No respec necessary. Imagine that.

Edited by Stun

Since its a single player game and just like people will say there's no harm in having it, there's also no harm in NOT having it either.

Cant mess with that pure, clear logic

Edited by Exyll

In my case, 

oh, so not only your personal opinion, but based on limited anecdotal.  how... quaint.  doesn't do much for all those folks in tech support with their own opinions and different problems.  

and again, Gromnir is not advocating taking time away from bug fixing at this point.  your are being willful obtuse again.  we already noted that respec obviously and mistakenly were not added to poe.  we observed that the question o' adding respec to poe were moot. nevertheless, that don't prevent the developers from correcting their lack of foresight by adding respec to the expansion or future games.  unlike you, we ain't short sighted.  we understand that feedback about poe is useful to the developers more in regards to future projects than for current ones.

HA! Good Fun!

oh, so not only your personal opinion, but based on limited anecdotal.

Oh for crying out loud, what do you think the entire premise of your 1 argument for a respec feature is? Is it anything BUT a strange egocentric anecdote of yours that I was simply countering? "We need a respec feature so that IF we encounter a skill bug, we can rebuild our character and take a different skill". That's anecdotal, unless you have proof that every single player who's built a Rogue in this game has been afflicted with the Reckless Assault glitch that you've been whining about on three different threads on this forum. (which would be false, btw. I built a rogue. And haven't gotten the reckless assault bug.)

unlike you, we ain't short sighted.

Of course you are. Again, what do you call someone who Complains about the game's bugs, wants Obsidian to fix them ASAP, but then turns around and tirelessly lobbies for Obsidian to divert time and money away from bug fixing so that they can sit down and design a new mechanic that lets Gromnir work around bugs.

...And, arguing for such a mechanic without even considering the possible long term implications of it.... how it will lose its stated utility value once Obsidian does fix the various build-breaking skill bugs, thus rendering it a complete waste of developer time and money in hindsight.

Edited by Stun

oh, so not only your personal opinion, but based on limited anecdotal.

Oh for crying out loud, what do you think the entire premise of your 1 argument for a respect feature is? is it anything BUT a strange egotistical anecdote? 

again, you is being obtuse beyond understanding.  Gromnir keeps linking posts from other individuals as well as pointing to the extent o' difficulties faced by folks posting in tech support.  our argument is kinda the opposite o' your single anecdote nonsense.  

again, duh.

your continued (failed) attempts to mischaracterize our requests as a hurdle to bug fixing is laughable.  add respec to the expansion.  add respec to the next game.  absence o' respec were a mistake for this game, so don't make the same mistake yet again.  

as for losing utility long run...

HA!

btw, every feature costs time and money.  fix every broken feature costs time and money.  identify that respec will cost time and money is, therefore, pointless.

in any event, your short sightedness were assuming a poe respec wouldn't have utility short term and you were clear wrong.  a limited respec feature is gonna have continuing use for as long as obsidian releases patches.  poe is no different than any other sizeable crpg with complex rules mechanics-- it is going to have broken and unbalanced features, as well as obscure or misrepresented descriptions o' such features.  the expansion will face a similar cycle o' patches and rebalancing and the sequel, if one is developed, will be no different. obsidians who take long view add respec.  continued myopia ala stun results in the status quo.

a feature that reduces the frustration o' players who must need deal with predictable and inevitable developer error is worthy o' consideration.  the state o' poe at release, and following the first patch, should be making the inclusion o' at least a limited respec feature a no-brainer. 

bah. going in circles and at this point we should invoke the mercy rule for your benefit.

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir keeps linking posts from other individuals as well as pointing to the extent o' difficulties faced by folks posting in tech support.

So? Are we are supposed to conclude that: 1) these individual testimonies automatically raise your pathetic arguments above Anecdotal and well into the realm of "proof of universal occurrence?" AND 2)each one of these individuals sees a respec mechanic as a solution? AND 3) they would prefer that Obsidian design a respec mechanic first, and directly deal with those bugs second?

Because if not, then we're back to square one: Dreaming in Gromniria.

your short sightedness were assuming a poe respec wouldn't have utility short term

What? I never claimed such a thing. I claimed it would lose its utility value in the long term (you know, once Obsidian fixes the bugs). Which is why I accurately pointed out that your campaign for a respec mechanic is SHORT SIGHTED. It doesn't take the endgame into account. DUH (to quote you)

Like I said Gromnir. You're going to have to brush up on your English. Because that is the language of the points that you are missing.

Edited by Stun

Respeccing exists in real life. Most people just don't consciously choose to do it. How many of you knew how to play a musical instrument when you were younger, only to forget how to do it because you hadn't done it in years or even decades? I used to be really good at the piano when I was 10, but I hadn't played in almost 20 years. On the other hand, I had no interest in computers (or technology) back then, but I'm an avid gamer and a techie nowadays.

From a video game perspective, I respecced my points in Music to Technology, or in PoE terms, I swapped points from Lore and put them into Mechanics, or however you want to represent piano-playing skills.

For an example of a forced and conscious respec, many left-handed children in extremely conservative countries (including the USA back in the day) are forced to become right-handed or risk getting beaten or worse. I have a cousin who was born left-handed but is now (in her mid-30s) fully right-handed because she got beaten each time she wrote left handed as a child.