Does anyone understand enchanting?

I'm really confused as to which enchants are mutually exclusive with others. When I can enchant certain ones. And which overwrite which. The UI gives no help.

I had a + 1 Perception enchant on some armor and was going to replace it with a + 2 Resolve. And now it has both and my mind is blown. 

I'm really confused as to which enchants are mutually exclusive with others. When I can enchant certain ones. And which overwrite which. The UI gives no help.

I had a + 1 Perception enchant on some armor and was going to replace it with a + 2 Resolve. And now it has both and my mind is blown. 

inorite

I'm pretty sure you can have two +X enchantments on a suit of armor. Everything else seems to be only one of each type.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The way I understand it, (and this is mostly from [435], with a bit of additional info from the forums here - so I may be wrong,) - You can have 1 Quality enchantment, which can be overwritten by a higher tier Quality enchantment. (Accurate 1 or 2, Damaging 1 or 2, Fine, Exceptional, Superb.)

Then, you can have any 3 other enchantments, some of which may be Unique, that won't get overwritten. [EDIT](Except for better versions of the same - you can overwrite Might+1 with Might+2 or Might+3, but not with another attribute bonus.) Ah, nope - can't even overwrite those. Probably should be able to, though.

Edited by Ark Evensong