The Triple Crown

Anaeme

Has anyone here attempted the "Triple Crown" with the Backer Beta?

Triple Crown = Path of the Damned, Trial of Iron, and Solo playthrough

Doe anyone think they can attempt the Triple Crown

Only person I can think of maybe Sensuki...

Edited by Anaeme

I have never played Path of the Damned because I've been doing testing relevant to game balance. So it's definitely not me.

Sock, aeonsim and others have way more PotD experience than I do.

I'll do it right now!

Am I still allowed to steal from the other BB characters before I dismiss them? Does that still count as solo?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

So there are two separate bits:

Triple Crown which is: Path of the Damned, Expert mode, Trial of Iron, I could probably pull that one off with a couple of attempts. As in I'd need to build a near optimal party then get used to it with a few fights, before I'd be sure that with the same party I could play through all the dyrwood crossing quests (Egg, Medreth, Ogre & Nobel) in the beta with out a party wipe. Lle a Rhemen probably not at my current level of play. I could probably clear 2/3rds of Lle a Rhemen with out a party wipe but the last two rooms of Spirits always manage to wipe me a couple of times on PoD, maybe if I'd done every other quest in the beta and spammed level 6 spells I might be able to pull it off but it'd be ALOT of resting.

As for Triple Crown Solo, which is the same as above but with a single character: Probably not or it would need several attempts I might be able to do it, but I wouldn't fight at all. I know the content well enough now I'd be able to pull off the talking options for all the bosses and using a Rogue with high sneak and with Shadowing beyond I'd be able to avoid most of the combat options. So if you consider talking/bribing/sneaking with no combat as an option then probably for the Dyrwood crossing quests, but again there is no way I could complete Lle a Rhemen with a single character. Outside of Lle a Rhemen sneaking through the cultist dungeon would be the hardest part.

In general your under equipped in the Beta to pull this off especially for the Triple Crown Solo.

Edited by aeonsim

So there are two separate bits:

Triple Crown which is: Path of the Damned, Expert mode, Trial of Iron, I could probably pull that one off with a couple of attempts. As in I'd need to build a near optimal party then get used to it with a few fights, before I'd be sure that with the same party I could play through all the dyrwood crossing quests (Egg, Medreth, Ogre & Nobel) in the beta with out a party wipe. Lle a Rhemen probably not at my current level of play. I could probably clear 2/3rds of Lle a Rhemen with out a party wipe but the last two rooms of Spirits always manage to wipe me a couple of times on PoD, maybe if I'd done every other quest in the beta and spammed level 6 spells I might be able to pull it off but it'd be ALOT of resting.

As for Triple Crown Solo, which is the same as above but with a single character: Probably not or it would need several attempts I might be able to do it, but I wouldn't fight at all. I know the content well enough now I'd be able to pull off the talking options for all the bosses and using a Rogue with high sneak and with Shadowing beyond I'd be able to avoid most of the combat options. So if you consider talking/bribing/sneaking with no combat as an option then probably for the Dyrwood crossing quests, but again there is no way I could complete Lle a Rhemen with a single character. Outside of Lle a Rhemen sneaking through the cultist dungeon would be the hardest part.

In general your under equipped in the Beta to pull this off especially for the Triple Crown Solo.

I ain't doin' no wussy diplomacy an' sneakin' all round. Ima just walk right up to my foes, look em' right in the eye, spit in their face, say, "I'm better than you", and I'll kill the poor unfortunate souls that get in my way. Plus, I'll do it all in one try cuz' that's how I roll.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I ain't doin' no wussy diplomacy an' sneakin' all round. Ima just walk right up to my foes, look em' right in the eye, spit in their face, say, "I'm better than you", and I'll kill the poor unfortunate souls that get in my way. Plus, I'll do it all in one try cuz' that's how I roll.

Good luck! Those Specters in Lle a Rhemen will be very happy to see you :), clearing the maps on Solo is going to be very very hard.

I'll do it right now!

Am I still allowed to steal from the other BB characters before I dismiss them? Does that still count as solo?

I would say yes.

The thing is, when you DO attempt this in the main game, you'll squeeze everything you can out of the game. The Backer Beta doesn't allow that, but drops you mid-game with average gear. You haven't been able to stack all the available resources meant for a party in your favour. You haven't been able to do that quest that gives you a macguffin of awesome +3, and you haven't been able to sneak through the dungeon of murderloot to steal the thunderous rapist +8 from the guarded chest.

So I'd say that at least stripping your team-mates off their gear and having them walk the walk of shame back home is nothing short of fair.

t50aJUd.jpg

Plus, I'll do it all in one try cuz' that's how I roll.

Cancel that cuz' I got pwned by auto-attack. I guess I forgot to turn it off. It got me pwned by beetles. :(