Is there a reason for chanters having Constitution stat recomended?

My guess is that it's because chanters grow more powerful over time. You want them to stay alive, so they can do their powerful invocations.

They could do that from behind without being damaged, just like wizards.

I noticed they have a lot of enemy debuffs and allied auras, maybe the radius is low, then they have to stay  near the frontline. 

Dunno where to check tho

My guess is that it's because chanters grow more powerful over time. You want them to stay alive, so they can do their powerful invocations.

Doesn't this hold for any class?

My guess is that it's because X grow more powerful over time. You want them to stay alive, so they can do Y

X / Y:

Chanters / their powerful invocations

Wizards / their powerful spells

Priests / their powerful spells

Druids / their powerful spells

Rogues / their powerful single target dps

Ciphers / their powerful powers

Monks / their powerful Bruce Lee

Paladins / their powerful something

Fighters / their "taking more blows to the head" trick

:p

• Like 1

from a mechanics perspective, I do believe that the chanter is abit different from the other classes. Which is cool. But a wizard can enter a battle with any spell he got, like druids, and priests etc. A chanter can't do their big invocations from the get-go. But Luckmann also got a point, that I find valid. 

• Like 1

They could do that from behind without being damaged, just like wizards.

I noticed they have a lot of enemy debuffs and allied auras, maybe the radius is low, then they have to stay  near the frontline. 

Dunno where to check tho

The chant aura at Int 10 is somewhere between 5 and 6 (in-game) meters. That's not that much. You really have to build your Chanter with a combat style in mind.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Yeah tanky chanter with a shield could actually be a good choice. He could be of great use in the first row and help the real fighter to keep the enemy attention even if he's not that good dealing damage while waiting for chants to fill up. He can't do any spell for some time anyway. And you must keep in mind that you need to be in certain range of enemies if you are using chants for debuffs. So that's why you need constitution.

Edited by dragonwanderer