Boxed Collector's Edition - (Digital Copy) - How will it work?

When I ponied up for the boxed collector's edition it was with the understanding that the included digital copy would be available on the distribution service of my choosing. However, I looked at my order earlier today and it says the following:

• Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.

DRM free prohibits Steam, which is the only service I would ever want a digital copy of a game from in the first place. Did something change between when I ordered this and now, or is this just a misleading bullet point in the order description?

• Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.

• My understanding would be the DVD is DRM free not the digital download.

Under a black flab we compile.

To reiterate, you can choose a digital download copy for either Steam or GOG. Your physical backer disc will be DRM free not tied to either Steam or GOG. However, retail discs will be tied to Steam.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

To reiterate, you can choose a digital download copy for either Steam or GOG. Your physical backer disc will be DRM free not tied to either Steam or GOG. However, retail discs will be tied to Steam.

Excellent, thank you. I don't even care about the disc version (which apparently will not even ship until _after_ release date), but I'd like to add the digital copy to my Steam library and earn achievements. So this is perfect.