Chanter... Thrice she was wrong... confused by results

Bazy

So the damage for this spell is 10-15...

1. Why do I get grazes (Before DR) for 3.9, 4.5 and 4.8? This would mean a "hit" would have been 7.8, 9, and 9.6 respectively. All below the damage range for the invocation.

2. How can I get different (MIN) Values of .8, .9 and 1.0. Isn't (MIN) a static number? How can it be different for each attack?

/confused. 

On a sidenote.... 30 accuracy... how am I supposed to hit anything????

post-69985-0-32996100-1426596917_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bazy

In my game, this invocation says 9-13 damage at character creation. O_o

Different attributtes perhaps?

Hmm, I'll check tonight. I made various Chanters and I'm pretty sure they didn't have all the same might.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

In my game, this invocation says 9-13 damage at character creation. O_o

Different attributtes perhaps?

Hmm, I'll check tonight. I made various Chanters and I'm pretty sure they didn't have all the same might.

Alright, I have a pretty bad memory in this case, the value in char gen is 12-19 with base 12-18 and it's not based on Might because it's the same for an Amauna (+2 Might) and Orlan (-1 Might) and reducing Might to 5 doesn't change it.

With Might 10 though, my character showed 12-18 in game, so I take it the OP Chanter has reduced Might.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I'm sure I did. But that's not the issue. The issue was that the damage range listed on the tooltip did not match at all with what actually occured. And getting different MIN values makes no sense at all.