Survival Balance

Bazy

IIRC: It is used in scripted interactions, dialogue, as well as being able to spot ingredients in the wild (ingredients for crafting). That said, I do believe Skills have different appeal to both playstyle and difficulty.

Lore & Survival are more important on higher difficulties, whilst Stealth, Mechanics & Athletics seem more tangible on all difficulties.

+5% duration on consumables seems pretty laughable. 

Well it isn't. Especially since that's not all of what survival does.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well it isn't. Especially since that's not all of what survival does.

What else does it do other than scripted interactions/dialogue?

It can also spot ingredients in the wild as Osvir already said.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I was going to correct myself after seeing it from the other thread. I said "IIRC" which means "If I recall correctly". Wiki.

BUT, I have noticed when playing the game that I haven't always been able to pick up ingredients that I have been able to on other runs. So I simply assumed it was "Survival" related. Now it has transformed to wishful thinking :p (and it does kind of make sense too doesn't it? Mechanics for spotting Traps, Survival for spotting Ingredients?)

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

It can also spot ingredients in the wild as Osvir already said.

That is not something that exists in the game. 

Then I retract my statement.

I was going to correct myself after seeing it from the other thread. I said "IIRC" which means "If I recall correctly". Wiki.

BUT, I have noticed when playing the game that I haven't always been able to pick up ingredients that I have been able to on other runs. So I simply assumed it was "Survival" related. Now it has transformed to wishful thinking :p (and it does kind of make sense too doesn't it? Mechanics for spotting Traps, Survival for spotting Ingredients?)

I think it's a great idea. That would be something that I originally expected for a "non-combat" skill. 

Edited by Bazy

Some additional stuff that I reflected on... but, like I said, probably too late. This is just retrospective, introspective, brainstorming~

Survival (what it doesn't do but I'd like to see it capable of doing~wishful thinking):
- Spotting ingredients
- Injury treatment in the wilds (it'd require some revision to how injuries work, e.g. 100% to treat injuries at an inn, and camping treating injuries with Survival)

Crafting Skills
Survival (Cooking): Food Crafting Levels
Lore+Survival (Alchemy): Potion Crafting Level
Lore (Enchanting): Scroll Crafting Level+Armor/Weapon Enchantments

P.S. NEO Scavenger+Project Zomboid has some of the best injury treatment systems in any game I've played. But those are quite extensive.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

So I was recalling correctly!

Thanks morhilane, Keeper of Truth  :bow: I have been redeemed.

So I saw the loading screen in question. It only says survivals helps identify ingredients for scripted interactions.

Sorry. 

• Like 1