[All] Mouse drag threshold too low

Skipperro

Question

I find mouse drag threshold a bit too low. Pretty often the game doesn't recognize single click but instead try to execute a command like a mouse drag. Example:
I'm selling all the junk in a shop moving my mouse over items and clicking them. Sometimes I click an item and release mouse button (MouseUp) a few pixels away from the original (MouseDown) position. The game tries to drag the item instead of clicking it, even if the difference was so little like 3-4 pixels.

If also affects conversations. Sometimes I have to click some conversation options two or three times, because the game tries to drag conversation answer instead of choosing it, and since it's impossible, nothing happens.

Please set the mouse drag threshold to be at least the distance in pixels between cells in inventory (50 pixels I guess).

If it helps - I've tested it on Linux version, but I've used Windows versions before and found similar problem.

Edited by Skipperro
  • Like 2

4 answers to this question

This happens frequently when interacting with buttons. I think 1/10 button clicks I make are not recognized by the game.

I like the 'drag threshold' or whatever to be responsive because it's important for marquee select in game - hopefully there's a way of solving it or separating the functions or something.

Edited by Sensuki

Would it be possible to make it so that if your mouse is not off a button when you release the cursor that the button still presses? Because if you move the mouse even slightly while pressing a button it doesn't work

Have never had this problem in other games from memory

I think that's default configuration in Unity. I had one other game on Unity engine with similar problem, but I can't remember what was the game name... sorry.

Maybe interacting with object on OnMouseUp Function Instead OnMouseClick will do the trick?