What will be your first player character?

I will play Yurnero, the monk.

I draw inspiration from Sun Soul monks and D3 monks. Unarmed likely, for RP reasons. Turning Wheel is such a bad ass ability. Looks good and has such an evocative name.

Got a nice looking portrait fixed also, and I can make an ingame char that looks similar.

• Like 1

I will play Yurnero, the monk.

I draw inspiration from Sun Soul monks and D3 monks. Unarmed likely, for RP reasons. Turning Wheel is such a bad ass ability. Looks good and has such an evocative name.

Got a nice looking portrait fixed also, and I can make an ingame char that looks similar.

That's a great idea im totally going to make a monk based on the diablo 3 monks

Break beneath the endless tide - monk

i will play POTD TOI EXPERT with 2 chars,

main will be monk human/wild orlan

and his friend will be mountain dwarf rogue with shotguns :)

Twitch.tv/MorbusOfKookyB  - Will stream PotD,ToI,Expert.

Will play a Boreal Dwarf Ranger with a bear companion.

Still not quite sure about the difficulty level, I'm having issues on normal even in the backer beta. 

Might have to go the easy route for the first playthrough, which is kinda embarrrassing, but thankfully we got Adam wiping to beetles on easy - recorded, so that makes me feel a bit better. 

Refinement over the last couple days: My character will be a polite, kind, courteous Orlan who is also viciously, brutally pragmatic and something of an untrustworthy snake. He is fleeing from his past as a slave in Old Vailla, and has went somewhat crazy and a little native due to a combination of his new found freedom, the wild and untamed nature of the culture in the Dyrwood, and his own mental anguish from his past.

• Like 1

Was going to write a huge wad of text for this; instead decided to chop it down.

With the companions that I like the look of, I am going to be without a healer, so I shall be a Priest.

I'm committed to Eothas, for whatever that means in the Dyrwood, and in battle I wade with my flail and shield on the front lines. I'm not particularly mighty, nor do I possess a hardy constitution. I am relatively dextrous and perceptive however, and possess an extremely high intelligence coupled with a strong resolve.

The idea of the build is that I have a support character who has scope to heal although primarily off-tanks. I've tried to spread my attributes a little because I want to unlock the occasional option of dialogue rather than simply buying access to all the clever responses. I may yet actually swap intelligence and perception.

• Like 1

I have been debating this for like a month and still can't decide between

Chanter

Human

Ixamitl Plains

Philosopher

Passionate/Clever

A story teller and thinker who challenges others to think of things from different perspectives.

Paladin

Human

Darcozzi Paladini

Aristocrat - Old Valia

Clever/Passionate

Knight, and righter of wrongs.  He is very intelligent and discerning, unlike the stereotypical fanatic Paladin.

Both would be sword and board, front line tanks with high Perception, Resolve and Intelligence.  Name will probably be Ignatius.  AGHHH Can't decide!!!!!

I'm definitely going to run a high intellect monk and kick people into walls forever.

Past that, I guess a paladin or something?  I don't know, everything seems so boring compared to kicking a dragon's teeth in and leaving it in a crumpled heap of dragon-tears.

Although thinking about it, if I had two Ciphers I might not need a healer.

Those thoughts exactly went through my mind before I decided to pick a cipher.

So I played the backer beta twice today.

BB party + PC Priest & Companion Druid = Full party wipe at first set of beetles.

BB party + PC Cipher & Companion Cipher = Full beetle wipe with less than 20 health taken off the entire party.

<3 Ciphers <3

I'll try single-character, i.e. only recruited companions, human wizard on potd.

We'll see what happens. Will build him with **** CON, so could be a short run!

Considering naming him Edwin.

Edited by soedenone
  • Like 1

Although thinking about it, if I had two Ciphers I might not need a healer.

Those thoughts exactly went through my mind before I decided to pick a cipher.

So I played the backer beta twice today.

BB party + PC Priest & Companion Druid = Full party wipe at first set of beetles.

BB party + PC Cipher & Companion Cipher = Full beetle wipe with less than 20 health taken off the entire party.

<3 Ciphers <3

OMG BALANCE ISSUES! :p