What will be your first player character?

First time playing a crpg hopefully this goes well

Name: Danoga

Race: Human Calbrandra

Class: Paladin

Attributes: Might, Resolve, and Constitution. 

Order: Dracozzi Paladini / Bleak walkers. It would make sense for me to join the Dracozzi Paladini because they were the guards of the Dracozzi Palace in Grand Vailia. But at the same time i can role play a guard that was banished from the order who later joins the Bleak walkers and uses them to seek revenge on his former order (if anything like that is possible in the game).

whats the news on godlike? Do they suck cuz they cant wear helmets? like why pick a fire goldlike when you can find a helmet that gives 5 dr.

none of the races suck so much that you shouldn't pick it for roleplaying reasons.

Disagree.  I'd happily set most of the races in this game on fire and start over.  For being ugly, mechanically terrible or just boring.  And I'd start with the godlike, for violating all three.

For a first character, I'm leaning toward Island Aumaua Rogue, Raider from Deadfire.  Strong, Smart and Loaded with Guns, because resting is for chumps.  Seriously, I hate per day abilities.  I may choose companions just to avoid them entirely, partly just to see what that does to the feel of the game, even if that means allowing the ranger (read that in the same tone most people say leper) to exist in my presence.

Plus then I can rag on Eder and Pelle for not being tough enough to push on in the front.

Edited by Voss

Oh, come on! I played through the beta on normal and part of it on hard and I can't think of any race (or class for that matter) that isn't viable. Now, I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the godlike look. ...And I tend to think racial abilities are all pretty bunk. ...But for roleplaying purposes, I think they're all workable.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Two planned, not sure which one to do first:

1: Male, Death Godlike Wizard, Aedyr culture, drifter. Heroic hero of heroism that I can't seem to stop making. Would be Paladin, but I just love playing casters so very much.

2: Female, Savannah Human Rogue or Bleak Walker Paladin, Xiamitl plains culture, Scholar. Machivellian streak, strives for power and influence, but not Stupid Evil.

whats the news on godlike? Do they suck cuz they cant wear helmets? like why pick a fire goldlike when you can find a helmet that gives 5 dr.

none of the races suck so much that you shouldn't pick it for roleplaying reasons.

Disagree.  I'd happily set most of the races in this game on fire and start over.  For being ugly, mechanically terrible or just boring.  And I'd start with the godlike, for violating all three.

For a first character, I'm leaning toward Island Aumaua Rogue, Raider from Deadfire.  Strong, Smart and Loaded with Guns, because resting is for chumps.  Seriously, I hate per day abilities.  I may choose companions just to avoid them entirely, partly just to see what that does to the feel of the game, even if that means allowing the ranger (read that in the same tone most people say leper) to exist in my presence.

Plus then I can rag on Eder and Pelle for not being tough enough to push on in the front.

I wanted to go with Island Aumaua too, but aparrently they've changed they awsome +1 weapon set for +5% movement speed -.- Now i'll either go with pale elf (elemental res) or coastal aumaua (prone/stun res) for my wizard.

I've changed my mind.

My first character will be an Island Aumaua mercenary from Old Vailia. Rogue. Weapon Focus Soldier. Pick abilities to max out the weapon slots (first priority) and ranged damage (second priority). Carry three arquebuses and a pike. Wear a big floppy hat with as many feathers as I can find with colors matching the skin patterns, and, of course, only the finest-tailored Vailian clothing available.

If the style won't knock 'em dead, blackpowder and steel will.

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

The wiki mentions an artist background, anyone know if that's accurate or if it got removed along the way?

It's still a thing. It's just that some backgrounds are not available for some cultures. 

For example, it's available for Old Valia, but not for White That Wends. 

• Like 1

The wiki mentions an artist background, anyone know if that's accurate or if it got removed along the way?

It's still a thing. It's just that some backgrounds are not available for some cultures. 

For example, it's available for Old Valia, but not for White That Wends. 

Cool beans, thanks.

In that case my first will be a Godlike (dunno what type yet though, or sex) artist from Old Valia. Oh and a cipher because they just sound cool.

Mountain Dwarf 

Priest of Eothas (or Abydon, if available)

Good hearted and diplomatic, focusing on negotiations and peaceful solutions,

but clad in heavy armor and carrying the largest hammer possible.

Because a kind word and a hammer work better then just a kind word. :)

• Like 1

i think i ll start with a human or godlike rogue

a true neutral cynical guy, who does not take anything seriously and cares only for what is convenient for him... but who avoids violence if possible

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Wild Orlan Ranger, (Lil?) Bripa, with the antelope. He was hunting and wuz bout to shoot the antelope when a huge ol' monster burst out and he kills it, then feels pity and nurses the antelope back to health from where the monster got it. Now he rides the antelope into battle and shoots things.

Ranger with arquebus.

Bc wild orlan, rujk?

I wanted to go with Island Aumaua too, but aparrently they've changed they awsome +1 weapon set for +5% movement speed -.- Now i'll either go with pale elf (elemental res) or coastal aumaua (prone/stun res) for my wizard.

Wait, what?  What kind of garbage is that?

I'm beginning to think I need to wait for several weeks until a couple patches pass and there are full descriptions of how the systems work before I even touch the game.  Especially class/race/talents/spells. 

Oh, and weapons, since apparently guns got smacked by the Sawyer Nerf Bat. 

Edited by Voss

Wait, what?  What kind of garbage is that?

I'm beginning to think I need to wait for several weeks until a couple patches pass and there are full descriptions of how the systems work before I even touch the game.  Especially class/race/talents/spells. 

Oh, and weapons, since apparently guns got smacked by the Sawyer Nerf Bat. 

They've changed that in the latest BB. To tell the truth it WAS kind of OP in comparison to other races, but they've changed that to possibly the worst racial passive -.-  I doubt that w8ing couple of weeks will change that - besides its quite possible that patches will came out for a long time (plus there will be expansion(s)) - so if you want to play with completely finished product you'll need to w8 probably like a year or so xP I'm going to squash bugs and spiders from the day one :dancing: can't w8 much longer  :banghead:

They've changed that in the latest BB. To tell the truth it WAS kind of OP in comparison to other races, but they've changed that to possibly the worst racial passive -.-  I doubt that w8ing couple of weeks will change that - besides its quite possible that patches will came out for a long time (plus there will be expansion(s)) - so if you want to play with completely finished product you'll need to w8 probably like a year or so xP I'm going to squash bugs and spiders from the day one :dancing: can't w8 much longer  :banghead:

Is there a newer version than 480? Because in that they still have armed to the teeth

Is there a newer version than 480? Because in that they still have armed to the teeth

No - just 480. I've seen somewere the footage from char creation (don't remember where now) - but it was changed. So either there are two v480 ... or idk ... Please confirm - I DO hope I'm mistaken xP

No - just 480. I've seen somewere the footage from char creation (don't remember where now) - but it was changed. So either there are two v480 ... or idk ... Please confirm - I DO hope I'm mistaken xP

Well in 480 they def still have that racial.

And what would make this change especially weird would be that there would be no other way to unlock the 4th weaponset without this racial talent.

So I also hope you might be mistaken, but guess we will find out next week :)

UoywgM5.png

Name: Avery

Race: Human

Class: Priest of Berath

Background: Aedyrian Noble

Mgt 10, Con 10, Dex 10, Per 16, Int 16, Res 16

Rather sceptical towards the upstart colonials. Why wouldn't they want to return under metropolitan control? She needs to see it for herself.

Edited by Magnificate
  • Like 1

If I do not choose a fighter for my first play though

then. Instead of a melee fighter I would roll a archer:

Name: Willow.

Race:  Wood Elf.

Culture: The Living Lands.

Class: Ranger. (Wolf Companion)

Background: Explorer or Hunter.

Main Items: Short Bow and Scale Armor.

Personality: Normally Clever, Honest, Rational.

Mgt 15, Con 12, Dex 15, Per 13, Int 12, Res 11.

Like my fighter I'm not really sure of a backstory for her just

yet. Have to see the game first hand for my self to found out.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

0fea907f4d3adcc8d5d11e016cb8b0c5.jpg

Name: Maurice Medicci

Race :Vallian Human from Old Vallia, recent expatriate to the Vallian Republics

Class: Paladin

Background: Vallian Noble who hails from a long line of shipping magnates and traders

• Like 3

Lorenzzo Medicci

"Come Vailia , vino ottiene solo

migliorare con il tempo . Perché il suo

modo Vailiano !"