What will be your first player character?

Aeon Fal'dragon

Wood Elf

Wizard

Scientist

Path of the Damned

Will primarily play with the companions, but will create a full team of adventurers to hang around the stronghold, they'll all share similar colourings and belong to the Fal'dragon clan (mix of elves, Godlike, adopted Aumaua and Humans), because ya know if you've got a sweet Castle you might as well import a pile of relatives to help fix up the place.

I'm still trying to decide between a Wood Elf and a Wild Orlan.

(I usually play elves first, so maybe this will be a good opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and play one of the "Little People" first.)

Class will be either Druid or Ranger, and the background will be the most "hard luck" available to that race/class combination. (I do love a good underdog story.)

EDIT: Don't know enough else about the game to make a judgment call yet.

Edited by Faerunner

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

A lot of details to be decided yet, like the name, or the god that she'll follow (if she cares at all about gods to start with) but it'll be a female human fighter. I like to start mundane in this kind of games. Plus I enjoy classes that can sustain themselves in combat through prolonged periods of time without depending too much on magic or daily reset mechanics. A sword never runs out of charges when it comes to cleaving through baddies.  :yes:

Edited by Emerwyn

Oh nice thread! Hmm I think I'll try a first character like this:

Name: Undecided

Race: Wood Elf

Class: Cipher

Culture: The White that Wends 

Background: Mystic

I'll educate myself a bit more on the lore of the game to see if I can actually make sense of a Wood Elf coming from the White that Wends or else I'll probably try a different back story and choose to be a scientist from The Living Lands. Unless! someone convinced me that the Pale Elf passive doesn't suck at all. :getlost: 

And she is coming to Dyrwood for her own interest and curiosity on the animancy research there, what the folk there think about ciphers and learn about the Glanfathans "brîshalgwin" stuff like that.

I think this game it's going to be very special to me so I'm planning to do something weird here, I'll try to make my PC a bit like me and make her personality mainly deceptive and clever, besides that I would like to make some type of character arc with her, she could start innocent and benevolent but later become crueler or maybe the other way around, I'll see if the story fits with something like that.

For role play reasons I would like to focus my attribute points mainly on INT, RES and PER. Maybe even totally neglect CON to use more points in the other attributes. I just hope I'm not making combat hell for me ehmm besides I kinda want to play on Hard and with Expert Mode on  :mellow: .

I'm not so sure which talents to pick for her, I could grab Quick Switch, Arms Bearer, Savage Attack and equip her with a bunch of fire arms like the blunderbuss? yeah I don't know,  I'll listen to any suggestion  :thumbsup: 

Also she will probably wear Clothes and Robes... or maybe something else that I find way to cool looking to ignore cough*  >_<

(first post yay!)

Wow! I made my first post here to post a very similar character to yours! Great minds think alike!

• Like 1

Name: Baleros

Race: Pale Elf

Class:  Priest of Wael

Culture: The White that Wends

Background: Mystic

Baleros will be a trickster priest, favored by the diety Wael.  He longs to solve the mysteries of the world, all the while enjoying causing chaos and hilarity whereever he may.  His dogma will be much like a zen monk (confusion is ok as long as one tries to understand it), with a bit of the fae thrown in. Obviously, I'm going to focus heavily on playing him deceptive, as well as clever.  However, I plan on adding a touch of passion to him whenever possible. 

"Great minds think alike" Hah! Exactly  :geek: Also I loved your character from the moment you compared him with a Zen monk, they can be pretty whimsical!

Edited by Luz

I want to make a character who is  Ted from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure "Whoa! I am Ted of San Dimas and I bring you a message of love"

Sorry, couldn't help it. 

I normally create very detailed back story for my  characters, but am stuck  on which class to go with.  Lots of great creations on this page though.

Cheers

• Like 1

My character at start of first play though:

Name: Grimm or Maximus.

Race: Human (ethnic group: Thyrtan.)

Class: Paladin but also thinking a Fighter.

Background: Mercenary, Laborer and or Explorer.

Culture: The White that Wends or The Living Lands. < added

[if Paladin ; The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga or Kind Wayfarers Order.]

For main skills I'm thinking: Athletics, Mechanics, Lore and Survival. (in that order)

Normally Benevolent/Honest/Rational/Clever in dialogue, goodie-toe-shoes type.

I like many out there am excited to see if we'll get to dive deeper into what

happened during the whole Saint's War and see who St. Waidwen really is. 

I have no real made up backstory for him planned out yet, but I sort of see him being the Mercenary Warrior type and him putting his skills to use for good, but

really only if there is good money to be made in the end since he wants to be paid, or maybe not since sometimes it's him just doing it since he can help people.

When it comes to combat Grimm mainly uses a sword and also a war bow or crossbow, but he is open to new ideas like using this new thing called a blunderbuss.

Man I forgot to add a culture to my character, that just totally slipped my mind when I was creating him. Maybe I'll go with The Living Lands or The White that

Wends for his culture, since both seem to fit him good and I want something that seems freaky and out there. I'm leaning more toward The White that Wends.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

BONAVENTURA or BERTOLDO LIVIANI

Male human

Ocean Folk (Calbandra) from Old Vailia (white complexion)

Rogue (probably, was thinking about a Chanter)

Dissident (that's how I roll, 'sup wit' that, brah?)

Some melee weapon (bows for my char no-likey)

Actually this is going to be a character based heavily upon my Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay pirate from Marienburg. I only changed the name from a Dutch-ish to more Italian-ish. The ideal appearance would be something similar to BG's Eldoth, and his nature similar to Saemon Havarian, if you know what I mean. So yeah, a sly double-crossing egoist.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I have no idea.

I'm a serial re-starter of games. No matter my intentions, I go through the intro with, like 30 different characters before settling into one. Sometimes I restart halfway or three-quarters through. Unless the game is really easy and really dull in which case I just keep going with my first one until I get bored and give up altogether. <cough> DA:I <cough>

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I have couple possibilities

1. Inspired by my first monk character in BG2

Name: Jolker Melchiotto

Sex: Male

Race: Savannah folk

Class: Monk

Culture: Ixamitl Plains

Background: Scholar

Short description of role that I try play: Things that he is good doer, but actually everything is about him, as he only knows right answers to world and peoples problems (even if they didn't know that they had problems). In combat tries to be most active person and always in front line.

2. Inspired by High elven special character from Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Name: Alarielle the Merciful

Sex: Female

Race: Pale elf/Moon Godlike

Class: Chanter

Culture: The White that Wends

Background: Mystic

Short description of role that I try play: Inspiring leader, who tries to avoid fighting to best of her abilities and when it comes to fight she lets her followers to do dirty work and support them from back lines.

3. Inspired by child hood me and his favorite P&P character

Name: Elerond Elesaidin

Sex: Male

Race: Wood Elf

Class: Rogue/Cipher

Culture: Aedyr

Background: Dissident

Short description of role that I try play: Combination of assassin and thief who is bit loner, but don't avoid using people to achieve his goals, whose views of right and wrong often collide with rule of law,. In combat uses dirty tactics like hitting them from shadows, makes his enemies fight each other, leads his enemies in his trap fields, borderland always tries flashy and tricky solutions instead of straight forward ones.

4. Inspired by one character from my fantasy short stories that i wrote in school

Name: Saide

Sex: Female

Race: Nature/Death Godlike

Class: Ranger/rogue

Culture: The Living Lands

Background: Explorer

Short description of role that I try play: Rootless soul who don't feel accepted in anywhere, tries to avoid social conflicts with exception that she always helps and sides with women even she thinks that they are wrong. In combat she tries to cause devastating opening blows that leave her prey dead or heavily weakened so that they are easy to finish. 

I don't usually think about the story as much so I never plan out a background. I have heard pets suck in Beta but I plan on Elven Ranger.

If the pets do suck I'll just rely on the rest of the party while I watch from the back =)

Name: Elesa

Race: Hearth Orlan

Class: Rogue

Background: Drifter from Aedyr Empire

Personality: Clever, Deceptive

Ancestor of former slaves, Elesa grew up on the streets as a street entertainer and thief. She started following Wael, because Elesa believed that he could protect her secrets and help her uncover the secrets of others. 

Mostly Elesa tries to avoid attention (thief, remember?) and sticks to the background. Since she came to Dyrwood, it's not much of an option, though. Equally, she feels that she may have gotten more than she asked for in terms of secrets. 

I want her character arc to be about deception/truth. I think she will have a lot of choices about telling people the bitter truth that may cause trouble or just lying. It also would be fun if her lies caught up to her.

• Like 1

Name: Elsa

Race: Human (meadowfolk)

Class: Wizard (Ice magic)

Background: Aristocrat

Elsa claims that she's from the Wends, but she is in fact royalty from the kingdom of Arendelle. She used to be queen, but she just had to let it go.

• Like 7

I have no idea.

I'm a serial re-starter of games. No matter my intentions, I go through the intro with, like 30 different characters before settling into one. Sometimes I restart halfway or three-quarters through. Unless the game is really easy and really dull in which case I just keep going with my first one until I get bored and give up altogether. <cough> DA:I <cough>

Ah ah, I'm not the only one with that problem! Although, it took 10 characters before I liked mine enough to finish DA:I with. I never finished Skyrim because of that little problem either.

Playing the BB haven't helped at all. In fact, it might have made it worst. I really don't know what I want to play.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I literally heard about this game for the first time yesterday! I'm extremely late to the party but it looks like I made it just in time. What luck, right? Planescape:Torment is my absolute favorite game of all time and my heart melted as my head exploded when I saw that this game has been developed. After cleaning up the mess I made and an emergency overnight heart transplant, I quickly absorbed as much of the lore as I could so I could start thinking about my first character.

This is what really grabs me to start:

---

Name: Inkka

Culture: The White that Wends? (I just like that section's starting gear the best)

Background: Explorer

---

Raised by a single father who was a lore-seeking explorer, Inkka and he spent their years together traveling while treasure and knowledge hunting. He taught her the ways of nomadic survival in some of the harshest regions of Eora and the importance of preserving information for either scholarly or profitable reasons. As an opportunist, his moral compass helped shape her own into learning how to live in-the-moment while having little concern for the consequences of her actions. Her father saw in her early on the kind of talent and abilities she possessed to be able to manipulate souls and minds and encouraged it's development. He used these skills to their benefit whenever dealing or trading with other races.

Recently, due to illness, her father passed away and entrusted his life's work to her. With pride, she took up his mantle and continues to seek out new places and new information to record in the tome he had carried around ever since he started his own adventuring.

Utilizing the reputation of her race to avoid unnecessary conflicts, living the nomadic lifestyle as a lone female has never been an issue for her. Generally good-willed and sympathetic toward others, when the chips fall she will choose the course of action that will benefit herself the most. Due to long stretches of having to go without "niceties" for the sake of survival during her childhood, Inkka has developed the propensity for hedonism. Whenever she sees something “shiny” she must indulge.

Young, resilient and precocious, Inkka does not yet realize the full extent of her talents and abilities. Set upon the wandering path of discovery, though, she may just end up one day finding enlightenment … or at the very least, the finest eats and drinks the land has to offer.

---

At least this is the basic idea so far. Subject to change, of course, after learning more about the lore. Apologies if I've already strayed from acceptable ideas that would fit within the game, even though I know most of this is just a character motivation and behavior model for my own reference.

• Like 1

Name: Fingers

Race: Human male

Culture: Old Vailia

Class: Rogue

Background: Drifter

Tools: Guns & Daggers

After some consideration I might just switch out Drifter for Aristocrat, dumping Survival for some Lore instead.

That way I can add some spellcasting into the arsenal, becoming more of a trained assassin and less of a bum :brows:

Although being a bum has its merits...

Edited by Striped_Wolf

I literally heard about this game for the first time yesterday! I'm extremely late to the party but it looks like I made it just in time. What luck, right? Planescape:Torment is my absolute favorite game of all time and my heart melted as my head exploded when I saw that this game has been developed. After cleaning up the mess I made and an emergency overnight heart transplant, I quickly absorbed as much of the lore as I could so I could start thinking about my first character.

This is what really grabs me to start:

---

Name: Inkka

Culture: The White that Wends? (I just like that section's starting gear the best)

Background: Explorer

---

Raised by a single father who was a lore-seeking explorer, Inkka and he spent their years together traveling while treasure and knowledge hunting. He taught her the ways of nomadic survival in some of the harshest regions of Eora and the importance of preserving information for either scholarly or profitable reasons. As an opportunist, his moral compass helped shape her own into learning how to live in-the-moment while having little concern for the consequences of her actions. Her father saw in her early on the kind of talent and abilities she possessed to be able to manipulate souls and minds and encouraged it's development. He used these skills to their benefit whenever dealing or trading with other races.

Recently, due to illness, her father passed away and entrusted his life's work to her. With pride, she took up his mantle and continues to seek out new places and new information to record in the tome he had carried around ever since he started his own adventuring.

Utilizing the reputation of her race to avoid unnecessary conflicts, living the nomadic lifestyle as a lone female has never been an issue for her. Generally good-willed and sympathetic toward others, when the chips fall she will choose the course of action that will benefit herself the most. Due to long stretches of having to go without "niceties" for the sake of survival during her childhood, Inkka has developed the propensity for hedonism. Whenever she sees something “shiny” she must indulge.

Young, resilient and precocious, Inkka does not yet realize the full extent of her talents and abilities. Set upon the wandering path of discovery, though, she may just end up one day finding enlightenment … or at the very least, the finest eats and drinks the land has to offer.

---

At least this is the basic idea so far. Subject to change, of course, after learning more about the lore. Apologies if I've already strayed from acceptable ideas that would fit within the game, even though I know most of this is just a character motivation and behavior model for my own reference.

Please tell me you have heard of the actual Torment successor: Torment Tides of Numenara?

PoE is the Baldur's Gate successor.

• Like 3

Calibrating...

Male Meadowfolk Cipher dual wielding daggers for speed and accuracy when replenishing focus. Still flexible on background depending on how you're able to refine each one in the beginning of the game. I'd like to play him as a benevolent drifter from Aedyr trying to keep his Cipher abilities on the down low. Maybe he emigrated to Dyrwood to find a little tolerance.

• Like 1