[480] Crafting / item bonus's

Azmodiuz

Question

I crafted/enchanted an armor to add +2 resolve and +2 dexterity. The enchantment shows its there. The character does not however have extra dexterity or resolve. I saved, and reloaded. Unequipped and re-equipped. Checked to see if I have other items giving same bonus's , and it was a negative.

I am not sure if this is reported else where or part of another series of bugs, I am not going to go and test all the enchantments, but if someone knows a workaround, I would gladly take it. 

Edit: added tags

Edited by Azmodiuz

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

3 answers to this question

I do know that a +1 Resolve item in the BB do grants more deflection because I've seen it change the paperdoll, although I never looked at the stats themselves. Did you check if your +2 Resolve improved your character deflection and only the character sheet wasn't updated?

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I will try and check then. I should see it in the combat roll right, if I hover over? (Deflection that is)

Edit: guess what, now its working. I do not understand how or why. I did reload a few times since, and I did do a lot of other enchanting. But it clearly now affects my attributes. 

Edit again: It even works properly now when I cast the same enchantment from my earlier save. So, I do not know what caused it to not work. But, I did in fact triple check when I had the issue...

Edited by Azmodiuz

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

I will try and check then. I should see it in the combat roll right, if I hover over? (Deflection that is)

Edit: guess what, now its working. I do not understand how or why. I did reload a few times since, and I did do a lot of other enchanting. But it clearly now affects my attributes. 

Edit again: It even works properly now when I cast the same enchantment from my earlier save. So, I do not know what caused it to not work. But, I did in fact triple check when I had the issue...

I reported a bug last patch where defenses didn't update properly depending on how you equipped your gear. Not sure if related

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70358-435-inventory-stat-update-inconsistency/?hl=deflection