Two questions

I have two questions, quite different  :

The first one : During conversation, my MC has low perception and didn't catch something. Could one of the party member with high perception say something ? Should we change the used guy for it ?

This is particularly true with "knowledge" or "survival" ... Why shouldn't our ranger say "it's poisonous" when our MC doesn't know ?

I'm sure, for a balancing point of vue, it's pretty bad (as we easily get all the skills) but it feels strange for Knowledge and survival...

The second : It feels strange to be killed when you use healing spells ...

What I mean here is : without healing spells, my durability is low (that's the point) but my characters can't be maimed or die... With healing, and particularly regeneration, I can get killed on one fight...

I don't know if something can be done (especially 10 days before release) but it feels weird...

The first one : During conversation, my MC has low perception and didn't catch something. Could one of the party member with high perception say something ? Should we change the used guy for it ?

No. Your created PC does all the talking regardless of who walks up to the npc. Companions may interject in the full game but probably not to help pass attribute checks.

What I mean here is : without healing spells, my durability is low (that's the point) but my characters can't be maimed or die... With healing, and particularly regeneration, I can get killed on one fight...

If you actually have to do so much healing that your characters are losing all their health in one fight then you're either using a lot of low health/deflection characters in situations where they shouldn't be or you need to bump the difficulty down.

Personally I like the tradeoff in the system. You have to think about whether it's really necessary to heal a character to win the fight or if you're better off saving her health for the next fight.

Edited by MasterPrudent

So, this is exactly my problem (for the first one) : For a knowledge check, if I choose to have a mage with high knowledge with me, I hope he will help me with it. But, I understand why it's not done.

For the second part, I have to try something else, but found it quite silly with regeneration spell + hard combat to be killed :)

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Without healing spells you can't die? But with healing spells you die in one fight?

So, this is exactly my problem (for the first one) : For a knowledge check, if I choose to have a mage with high knowledge with me, I hope he will help me with it. But, I understand why it's not done.

Problem here is that the text for the character who helps you has to be written by the devs, but who in your party has the high lore skill? You can have any character have high lore, even the Barbarian. So each companion would need to have a sentence of text for each skill check in the game, in case he has the right skill leveled to help you out.

Also, this would trivialize the skill build of your main character, with a party of 6 you could have each skill there is at a high level and overcome all skillchecks successfully.

For the second part, I have to try something else, but found it quite silly with regeneration spell + hard combat to be killed :)

On the first part I'm with you, and I agree. I'm working on a kickstarter for later this yr and that is one of the thing's I plan on doing for my project. My supporting character(s) will assist or comment on situations I get myself into. Maybe not the entire project, but certainly in parts. I'm also planning on character stats to dictate animation as well.

Edited by Falkon Swiftblade

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Without healing spells you can't die? But with healing spells you die in one fight?

Yes, exactly : without regen, you just "black out", and can finish your fight with the tankier characters... But with regen, your squichy fighter (why not) will just see his resistance oscilliating ... until his health begin to get low and he dies...

Falkon, what is your kickstarter ?

For the record, I can understant why my first question is not implemented ... and as their skill can be used in scripted interaction, they are still relevant. It is just stange ... but understandable. 

Yes, exactly : without regen, you just "black out", and can finish your fight with the tankier characters... But with regen, your squichy fighter (why not) will just see his resistance oscilliating ... until his health begin to get low and he dies...

Falkon, what is your kickstarter ?

For the record, I can understant why my first question is not implemented ... and as their skill can be used in scripted interaction, they are still relevant. It is just stange ... but understandable. 

I haven't officially announced it yet. I'm still building my team and working on pre production stuff for when I take it to the masses. It's either going to be an interactive storybook, animated feature or a video game depending on my funding levels, so I'm trying to cover all bases when I pitch it.