[480] Bug with Modified Asset Bundle Behaviour

Sensuki

Question

There is a bug with using modified asset bundles in the latest build. It happens with abilities, talents, spells and items but I'm not sure about other types of bundles.

When you modify an assetbundle and replace the default one in the objectbundle folder, the default internal version (from the shared assets, I suppose) is used unless a character/save game already has that ability/item/spell/talent.

If you level up a character and select a modified ability, that character will have the default ability. To fix it you have to save the game, quit the game and then load the save, and the game will use the modified asset.

Expected Result: should use the modified asset by default

• Like 2

11 answers to this question

This also applies to afflictions. Unless I load a game where one of my characters is currently maimed, any changes to "maimed" will not be used by the game. So if I load a normal game and then get maimed, unmodded values will be used.

Without over dramatizing anything, modding is currently broken.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 2
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Ah yep, well yeah for talents - they're just not working, maybe because they're always being loaded from the progressiontable ?

Is it the same for afflictions too? E.g. - they use the version in the progression tables for whatever ability they're attached to.

Bester's gonna update the Asset Editor and I'll see if I can edit Progression Tables then.

Edited by Sensuki

Ya, I tried to make a modded version of the one handed style talent as well. It did not work for me. I first tried to add in the modded talent, then level up. I then tried save/load after leveling. It did not work in either case.

Bump, because this has apparently still not been fixed for the Review Version, and if it's still there by release, that's a pretty big ****ing issue for some of us.

There's nothing to fix, Roby Atadero clarified the situation already.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Bump, because this has apparently still not been fixed for the Review Version, and if it's still there by release, that's a pretty big ****ing issue for some of us.

There's nothing to fix, Roby Atadero clarified the situation already.

Well then I'm stupid because I have no clue how it's supposed to work if it's intended to even work.

t50aJUd.jpg