If a PoE2 Kickstarter was announced..

...And you would have the choice of pledging, would you? (using the impressions and feelings you've gathered from the BB).

Assuming a larger game compared to PoE, but keeping the same-ish engine, same-ish rules, new story etc etc (like a proper sequel).

If you are a PoE backer, would you pledge more or less compared to what you gave for PoE? I'm interested in the general opinion of the forum dwellers in a topic like this, after the BB experience.

I'd persoanlly double my PoE pledge (70 -> 140ish).

• Like 1

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

I'd give my right kidney.

Edit: Also money. I understand that Obsidian might not be equipped to deal with organ donation.

Edited by Tartantyco
  • Like 12

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I would absolutely back another PoE Kickstarter.

Good news is, they already have a functioning engine and wouldn't have to start from scratch. That in itself would allow more of the funds raised on actual game content, as opposed to prototyping. There's also the bonus of not having to go through trial and error as much and a better understanding of the workflow pipeline for more efficient use of resources.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

...And you would have the choice of pledging, would you? (using the impressions and feelings you've gathered from the BB).

Assuming a larger game compared to PoE, but keeping the same-ish engine, same-ish rules, new story etc etc (like a proper sequel).

If you are a PoE backer, would you pledge more or less compared to what you gave for PoE? I'm interested in the general opinion of the forum dwellers in a topic like this, after the BB experience.

A tip:

A bad place to ask this questions.

Don't ask it here... make more sense ask this in other forum.

Yes i know, my english sux.

Nah. This is as good a place as any to gauge the fanaticism of the party base.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'd have to play PoE(+ expansion) before jumping in, but I'd throw in enough for a copy at least.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I would definitely throw in the 5 bucks or whatever to back the game in principle, but to get me to back at the same level, I'm sorry but I need to see PoE first.  I love Obsidz.  New Vegas is in my top five list of games.  ...But I also think it's fair to see how they do with this project before I go all in on the next.  :Cant's polishing his fanboy credentials icon:

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'd pledge everything I can.

Which, coincidentally, is nothing, because I have nothing to pledge.

Oh, look, the rent is a month late, just another run-of-the-mill day teetering on the brink of homelessness. Woo.

But seriously though, I'd put about $100-150 if I could. I can't even put $15, but that's beside the point.

t50aJUd.jpg

I would. I would prefer to get at least one play through of the first game prior to it though. I am actually hoping they use KS for another project, keep a few people on to pump out the expansion, and once the PoE expansion is out try for another kickstarter for PoE2. This way they can get the rolling development that InXile has going.

• Like 2

Hey, if someone wanted a romance in PoE 2, he or she could just start his own kickstarter with the $10,000 goal to fund it.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Following the development of this game and reading all the updates has been really fascinating for me. I feel like I have already gotten my moneys worth for that alone, and with that in mind, I would totally back another Pillars of Eternity.

• Like 2

They should have a 10.000$ "design a romance" pledge just for Bruce next time. ;)

That's a brilliant idea. They get £10.000 and someone else designs the romance for free. Win-win :).

<edit> I would instantly back PoE2 or a similar 2d isometric rpg.

Edited by gogocactus
  • Like 1

I would probably pledge again but much less. I would take a normal all-digital tier.

But it's probably better to ask that question again when we finally had the chance to play the final version of PoE. ;)

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

I'd give my right kidney.

Everyone remain calm. He's just kidney would never do such a thing. u_u

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I wouldn't pledge >$150 again, but that's mostly because

1. I am confident they will get funded, and

2. I'm not as flush as I was during the last KS. $$$ from scholarships and TAships <<< $$$ from destroying the planet.

I'd pledge at least $50 though. I'd actually be more stoked for their next game, since Bioware doesn't have anything coming out for a long time (and they played it so safe with DA:I) and the crushing disappointment that was Original Sin. 

Edited by smithereen