Will this game have PVP for endgame fun?

I wanted to know if the dev's added a pvp system or plan on adding one. I find myself bored after beating a game a few times so this will really add to the endgame enjoyment. I know some people don't like pvp and that's cool, but other people do enjoy it.

Cheers :-)

• Like 1

There is no multiplayer planned. In the event that they did decide the include multiplayer in an expansion or sequel it would almost certainly be co-op multiplayer in line with what many of the IE games had.

Keep in mind that this is a single player RPG not an MMORPG. It's a long, story driven game intended first and foremost for single player enjoyment. I'd be hard pressed to name any such games, even recent ones, that included PvP.

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 1

I don't think you understand what type of game this is...this aint a Diablo game, it's an IE game. Know the difference.

sorry, just had to publicly LOL that...  

(I hate diablo2/3. the original was fun, and a master piece for its day)

Edit: Wonder if someone will Kickstarter a game based on that kind of game, where things are more realistic, and dark, and brooding and more unforgivable.

The later versions of diablo, are made for increasingly younger audiences. Which I hate, because Im from the original Audiance. Its bad enough they killed warcraft to death. The original, and warcraft 2 were amazing, then it all went downhill with the stupid jap-anime like garbage mainstream childish crap they made afterwards. Blizzard = total sell outs. Its all about the money. (Which is fine, its a business. But they do not get my money any-more.) 

Edited by Azmodiuz
  • Like 1

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

lol m16's with 203's please! (for the closer ranged accuracy) 

I enjoyed the EE versions of the BG series for "The Pitts" that they had. It was like a more IWD like storyline/game play. Would be neat to have this in PoE too!

edit: could be a small add-on expansion even, make a tiny bit of extra cash with it as small DLC XD

Edited by Azmodiuz

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

I wanted to know if the dev's added a pvp system or plan on adding one. I find myself bored after beating a game a few times so this will really add to the endgame enjoyment. I know some people don't like pvp and that's cool, but other people do enjoy it.

Cheers :-)

No.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

You can play MOBAs for that.

Not him. After seeing this thread I banned him from all pvp fun.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I am sorry op but not every game has to have pvp, multiplayer, online and so on. You have other, different games for that. There are games specifically made for that. This isn't one of them. POE wants to fulfill different kind of want from a game. Play MOBA, FPS, RTS or man different games that have PvP. POE focus is on single player experience.

I am sorry op but not every game has to have pvp, multiplayer, online and so on. You have other, different games for that. There are games specifically made for that. This isn't one of them. POE wants to fulfill different kind of want from a game. Play MOBA, FPS, RTS or man different games that have PvP. POE focus is on single player experience.

But, but, I want it to be yet another of the increasingly similar hand-holding games I can play while simultaneously watching TV and voice chatting with my friends!

You mean I might actually have to pay attention to what I'm doing ... and I can't create a uber-character to run rough shod over the entire game then export it to PvP death matches and pawn everyone?

Your game sux!

((Yes, that was sarcasm))

Edited by Suhiir

But, but, I want it to be yet another of the increasingly similar hand-holding games I can play while simultaneously watching TV and voice chatting with my friends!

You mean I might actually have to pay attention to what I'm doing ... and I can't create a uber-character to run rough shod over the entire game then export it to PvP death matches and pawn everyone?

Your game sux!

((Yes, that was sarcasm))

By all means, lets make fun of the OP for simply asking a question.

By all means, lets make fun of the OP for simply asking a question.

In the future I'll attempt to refrain from trying to interject a bit of humor into the forums since apparently this is viewed by some as an attempt to humiliate someone.

• Like 1

If PvP was ever implemented ,hypothetically, they would have to change a lot of things specifically for that. No pause or different speed modes, so on and so forth, also character and party balance would be a nightmare.

Have you never played Baldurs Gate online?  It had all of what you are talking about.  Yeah multi-player probably would be what you are thinking, bu in BG you could set permissions on who could pause and other different actions on the party. 

Also did no one ever remember TeamBG(http://www.teambg.org/e107_plugins/newsfeed/newsfeed.php?show.1) tools, or all the awesome mods.  There is also something called GemRB ( http://gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start ) which is the IE engine except open source...  I played on GameSpy way back when I was in middle school/highschool but even before that online you also had something called MPlayer.  A lot of the people that played Baldurs Gate told me about it, but I started playing when Baldur's Gate 2 came out.. at least online.  I actually got the demo of BG first and loved it, but they stopped you at the end of the Naskel mines quest....haha

I was in Vamp clan and a bunch of others that later went into Neverwinter NIghts ( http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vampmodteam/About-Us.htm ) or http://vampteam.net

Edited by Goddard

I did a ton of PVP in IE games.  GameSpy anyone?  Remember all the clans?  That was a ton of fun.

I really, really, honest-to-god, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not surprised a lot of people I know never played BG online for some reason.

We would arrage competitions online and everyone would duel based on different rules everyone agreed on. 

Crazy enough one of the sites is still up - http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/ubgc/ - or more history - http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/327/t727563-baldurs-gate-mod-library/

Most of the sites aren't around any more as they were created by kids and teenagers that used free website hosting haha

Edited by Goddard

If PvP was ever implemented ,hypothetically, they would have to change a lot of things specifically for that. No pause or different speed modes, so on and so forth, also character and party balance would be a nightmare.

Have you never played Baldurs Gate online?  It had all of what you are talking about.  Yeah multi-player probably would be what you are thinking, bu in BG you could set permissions on who could pause and other different actions on the party. 

Also did no one ever remember TeamBG tools, or all the awesome mods.  There is also something called GemRB which is the IE engine except open source...  I played on GameSpy way back when I was in middle school/highschool but even before that online you also had something called MPlayer.  A lot of the people that played Baldurs Gate told me about it, but I started playing when Baldur's Gate 2 came out.. at least online.  I actually got the demo of BG first and loved it, but they stopped you at the end of the Naskel mines quest....haha

No I've never played Baldurs Gate online. It has been since the 90s since I played BG. I do have BG 2EE, and just finished beating it again, but have never played multiplayer or know how it would work. I just go straight to the game.

Well yeah I know there are other game's for that but I do remember playing Neverwinter Nights in multiplayer mode and boy was it fun! At lease I got a sense of the community that's playing this game, or lack thereof.