Racial/Culture bonus poll

Do you feel racial/cultural bonuses are meaninful during gameplay?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What would be your preference for racial/cultural bonus

• Race: Bonus to stats, plus side bonus [like now] / Culture: Bonus to stats [like now]
    • Race: Bonus to stats, plus side bonus [like now] / Culture: Bonus to Skills
    • Other [Specify]
  2. 2. Which race has the lamest racial bonus? [Part 1]

• Human [all]
    • Godlike [Death]
    • Godlike [Nature]
    • Godlike [Fire]
    • Godlike [Moon]
    • Orlan [Wild]
    • Orlan [Hearth]
    • Aumaua [Costal]
    • Aumaua [Island]
    • Select this if you answered something in Part 2
  3. 3. Which race has the lamest racial bonus? [Part 2]

• Dwarf [Mountain]
    • Elf [Pale]
    • Elf [Wood]
    • Select this if you answered something in Part 1
    • Dwarf [Boreal]

I just had a look for spoilers on the wiki so I guess I know the answer to that :) you can't enchant hats/helmets I believe so you'd be reliant on acquiring special items.  So having some Godlikes I guess wouldn't really be a drawback since you'd be unlikely to find 6 amazing hats/helms. 

Pffffhahaha, are you serious? You think there are less than 6 enchanted helmets in the game? The enchantment doesn't even have to be amazing. A permanent +stat and +skill beats +20% dmg when the enemy is under 15% health any day.

No, that's not what I was implying I'd put money on it there's lots more, but there not all going to be useful for every character build.  Where'd you get the under 15% health from by the way you're the only source I've heard that from???

I'd still argue that even a small bonus all the time is better than a medium sized bonus under specific circumstances.

The 15% come straight from the Death Godlikes ability description during character creation as of v480.

• Like 1

I just had a look for spoilers on the wiki so I guess I know the answer to that :) you can't enchant hats/helmets I believe so you'd be reliant on acquiring special items.  So having some Godlikes I guess wouldn't really be a drawback since you'd be unlikely to find 6 amazing hats/helms. 

Pffffhahaha, are you serious? You think there are less than 6 enchanted helmets in the game? The enchantment doesn't even have to be amazing. A permanent +stat and +skill beats +20% dmg when the enemy is under 15% health any day.

No, that's not what I was implying I'd put money on it there's lots more, but there not all going to be useful for every character build.  Where'd you get the under 15% health from by the way you're the only source I've heard that from???

I'd still argue that even a small bonus all the time is better than a medium sized bonus under specific circumstances.

The 15% come straight from the Death Godlikes ability description during character creation as of v480.

Wow how did I miss that, it should really say that on the talent screen as well, thanks :)  That amount does make it a bit crappy then.  A Barbarian with 2 weapons and carnage might still be ok for it though, not many other classes I'm guessing depends how many enemies have over 100 endurance. 

Was just thinking it's a bit funny that Pale Elves have Burn DR and Fire Godlike don't.

Giving Fire Godlikes a permanent +Burn DR would be a great first step to making Godlikes actually a "step up" in terms of their racials.

First of all though, I think we should address attributes. There are helmets (several helmets, even) that gets +Attributes. But Godlikes actually doesn't get any bonuses to Attributes at all. All the races gets a net +2 Attributes, including Godlikes, who get +1 Dexterity and +1 Intellect (which feels a bit arbitrary).

If my 2 cents were worth anything, I'd have Godlikes gain only +1 Attribute, likely Constitution, Perception or Resolve (since they were "special" and grew up under.. odd circumstances.. whether considered blessed (pampered, etc) or cursed (had to flee, been on the run their entire life, etc). I'd then assign them a +1 based on their heritage (currently a completely arbitrary choice that determines your model build) and then finally a +1 Attribute determined by their type.

Like so:

All Godlikes:
  +1 Resolve (or Con, or Per)

Heritage:
  Human:  +1 Resolve.
  Elf:    +1 Dexterity.
  Dwarf:  +1 Constitution.
  Orlan:  +1 Perception.
  Aumaua: +1 Might.

Type:
  Deathlike:   +1 Resolve.
  Firelike:    +1 Perception.
  Moonlike:    +1 Intellect.
  Naturelike:  +1 Constitution.
 (Avianlike:   +1 Perception.)
And then when it comes to the racials, many of them simply need a little something to make them better or more interesting. With the power of knee-jerk, I judge it so:

Death's Usher:

When a Deathlike attacks an enemy with 20% or less Endurance or Health, they increase their damage by X% The extra damage is randomly determined to be either Freezer or Corrode.

Battle-Forged:

When reduced below 60% Endurance, Firelikes gain +4 DR, an additional +2 Burn DR, and cause X fire damage against all opponents that strike him in melee.

Firelikes also have an inherent +4 Burn DR at all times.

Wellspring of Life:

All Endurance regeneration that heals Endurance over time is increased by 20% and lasts 20% longer.

(If it would heal 100 Endurance over 10 seconds (10 endurance per second for 10 seconds) it would now heal 144 Endurance over 12 seconds (12 Endurance per second for 12 seconds).

Naturelikes also have an inherent +2 Corrode DR.

Blood Moon & Silver Tide:

When reduced below 25%, 50% and 75% Endurance in Combat, Moonlikes generate waves of silver light that heals them and their allies.

When reducing an opponent to below 50%, Moonlikes generate beams of crimson shards that shoots forth from the wounded, doing Slashing or Piercing Damage.

The damage done depends on the maximum Endurance of the opponent and the remaining Endurance of the moonlike.

Or something like that, just spitballing.

t50aJUd.jpg