Can you attack any NPCs?

ha yeah but is anyone in Dyrford who was killed essential to the main story?

The beta has nothing to do with the main plot... but you can kill quest NPC's, so that you can't complete quests

Most strange thing in beta was that,when you kill all the villagers outside,the villagers in the inn are still very kind to you.

• Like 1

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Most strange thing in beta was that,when you kill all the villagers outside,the villagers in the inn are still very kind to you.

maybe since they are in the inn and are drunk they dont realize everyone else is dead

Now that's role playing.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

maybe since they are in the inn and are drunk they dont realize everyone else is dead

Of course not :facepalm: When you come back 1 week later, they still don't realize.

Also,if you kill all the villagers in the houses,the villagers outside won't care.

• Like 2

And when the villagers were attacked,the only response was attack back,even a poor grandpa.I think crying, running away,asking for help will be more realistic response.

Edited by bronzepoem
  • Like 2

Of course not :facepalm: When you come back 1 week later, they still don't realize.

Also,if you kill all the villagers in the houses,the villagers outside won't care.

What can I say? News travels slowly in Dyrford.

• Like 4

BAdler has stated that you can kill every character in the game, and there is, as far as he remembered at the time, one NPC which is so important to the crit path, that you can't complete it if that NPC dies, but that you can kill him/her/it anyways.

BAdler has stated that you can kill every character in the game, and there is, as far as he remembered at the time, one NPC which is so important to the crit path, that you can't complete it if that NPC dies, but that you can kill him/her/it anyways.

whoa thats harsh what if you kill him accidentally (like oops I cast magic missile instead of shield wall) or kill him without realizing he is so important

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

whoa thats harsh what if you kill him accidentally (like oops I cast magic missile instead of shield wall) or kill him without realizing he is so important

You normally have to specifically click on an attack/special attack button and then click on the target to attack friendly targets (okay, there's some other ways for some specific characters, but in general it's true) - it's probably time for a dose of consequences if you're randomly doing things like that.

• Like 1

Why would you even want to kill everyone? You're free to do it, but i think that essential characters being unkillable is just cheesy. I like the way PoE handles this. Like Avantre said, "it's time for consequences" :)

well anyway isnt there a reputation system?

Sure, but who's going to spread your reputation if no one's left alive?  :devil:

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Yes,there is.But maybe it's not finished or it only influence important NPCs, in the Beta I almost can't feel it.

When your reputation in Dryford is "horrible",the innkeeper still support you food and room kindly and the bard still sing to you.

Yes,there is.But maybe it's not finished or it only influence important NPCs, in the Beta I almost can't feel it.

When your reputation in Dryford is "horrible",the innkeeper still support you food and room kindly and the bard still sing to you.

maybe cuz they know that you will kill them if they dont

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!