Optimization Problems

fortuntek

Question

I'm a little concerned about how PoE plays on my PC.

At the start of the BB it was unplayable. But even now after the final update, for me, the menus are still very delayed, audio responses are delayed, level up screen still takes a long time, and selecting portraits at character creation takes so long I never bother to change it from the first option. By delays, I mean 4-5 or up to 10 seconds between clicking anything or changing anything on many of the menu screens. Same for certain audio plays.

Is anyone else still having these problems? The rest of the game runs fine for me and system requirements aren't an issue, I've updated all my drivers and even run diagnostics on my PC's hardware just in case, this only happens with PoE, so I can only conclude that it's an optimization problem specific to my hardware.

I'm worried that these problems will persist after release which really shouldn't be acceptable by this point crying.gif

DxDiag.txt

Edited by fortuntek

6 answers to this question

I agree. At this late stage of development I am very concerned about the performance of this game. I get poor to average frame rates when any units are seen on the screen at all and delay / FPS drops when interacting with several UI elements - and i fear for people with worse computers than me.

• Like 1

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one. The game itself run very smoothly, but in the menu it's just terrible.

The character creation is a pain for me (especially the portrait selection).

My spec are not a problem either. So I'm a bit concerned about this since the game will be out in 4-5 days.

A little up on the issue.

The problem is still here, the game is very slow when changing portraits, the sounds takes a small (and very annoying) delay before playing.

The game is also very slow in the inventory but ONLY when the PC character is selected (Fire Godlike Female Chanter).

I hope these will be fixed really soon, not game breaking but very immersion breaking.

PS : I also saw a few people on Steam's forum with the exactly same bug. So OP and I are not isolated cases.

Edited by Vaalac
  • Like 1