Teleporting beetles

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but whenever I send a rogue out in stealth and he takes a shot at a beetle with a ranged weapon the darn beetle teleports next to him. I'm not sure if this is a problem with all opponents, though I presume it is. Pretty frustrating and it makes using ranged weapons pretty useless. It literally jumps position. Must be some sort of graphical glitch.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

The teleporting enemies bug has been present in the game since the first beta. I haven't seen it personally for a few builds but I saw it on the PAX East stream, and other people say they've seen it too.

I believe it happens because of pausing/unpausing or something and maybe the AI path to you being blocked.

Beetles have the ability to dig down and then dig up right next to you. They do it all the time. But I presume this is some sort of "they do ability and then they teleport" issue? (I haven't noticed it, I have noticed that they dig under and then re-appear next to characters).

One could view it as a Beetle's Escape ability, I suppose. Because it looks like it functions the same.

Rogues aren't very good at drawing "aggro", unless you can get to a Fighter or someone more beefy that can tank it when you do an Escape ability  ;) the Rogue should never be the focus of attention or being targeted by enemies (unless it's either a small beetle, which they can duel with, or a Wizard or other squishy targets).

Edited by Osvir

Ok.thanks for the replies. To be honest Osvir it does look less like an intentional design issue and more like a glitch. Mainly because I'd expect some sort of animation as that happened. Or maybe a sound effect, but at the moment there is nothing. Still if it's only beetles then it could definitely be some sort of power and that would be ok. Would be nice if there was an animation to accompany it, maybe just a flurry of dirt though?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Yeah I noticed it happen in Dyrford Ruins.

1) Beetles does dig under.
2) Pause mid-movement (running away/distance)
3) Unpause = Beetle teleports

Meanwhile, running (without pausing, Realtime) evades/escapes the Beetle when it re-appears. 

There is some wonkiness with the beetles on my end as well. I'm guessing it's related to the dig ability, it happened just as I played now. Basically, the beetle teleported to right next to my party and then it immediately did the dig ability to a new spot.

EDIT: Then again, there was a teleport bug in the latest Pax presentation as well with a Pngwa so maybe it's just not related to beetles.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yup I've just done a few tests with them. As Osvir said, it clearly is an ability they possess. But sometimes the animation plays and it's clear and other times it does not . Could be a performance issue actually.

Lord of Light

Yup sorry about sensuki, it can get confusing when the animation dosnt play:)

Lord of Light