Questions about gold

Hey had some questions about Gold (or whatever the in-game currency is called)

1) What do you use it for? I know about buying items from shops, hiring adventurers, what else?

2) Is gold hard to come by? like will I be saying "hmmm I better not buy this weapon because then I won't have enough gold left to buy the health potions" or do you end up with so much gold that you do not know what to do with it?

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

Gold can be used for enchanting, and for improving the stronghold.

The stronghold is a gold sink so gold should stay useful for the whole game.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

My concern is gold is limited since there are no respawns

Correct me if im wrong, but i think that some monsters in specific areas (wilderness) ARE respawning (is some probably don't since it would be weird - like if you got a quest to extinquish all undeads in the cemetary and kill evil necromancer who was animating them - then after the quest is complete i expect the place to be undisturbed by monsters - unless the rats will start showing up and will start to spawn at that area). 

It you want to get technical, the currency you use in the game is cp (copper pieces), if I'm not mistaken. You can find other currencies when looting things, but they all automagically become transmuted into copper pieces when you pick them up (which is kind of a bummer, because it just adds minor "different regions use different coins worth different amounts! 8D!" flavor, and requires that you do some math to determine how much cp you're actually going to be picking up...).

Kinda wish you just had different currencies on you, like in New Vegas. You could always trade them without having to go convert them somewhere, but different ones would be worth more or less, depending on who you were trading to (like NCR dollars, etc.).

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

there are no respawns? even after a long time?

No.  As a general rule critters don't repopulate out of the magic creature box mere days after you slaughter every living thing on the map so you can farm them.

That said, I doubt funds will be an issue simply because not!Kobolds and bears don't respawn to slaughter over and over again.