[480] Issue with new click sounds

Sensuki

Question

Basically - I'm not a fan of the 'fake mouse click' sound that makes up the new click sounds, I can already hear my mouse button click - I don't need the game to fake it for me.

The sounds for the menu should try and emulate what the UI looks like or something, and I much prefer sounds with more weight/midrange/lows

I am like the girl in this:

7 answers to this question

thinking of the sound led me to diablo 1 menu and inventory sounds as fine example.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Like I wrote in the impressions thread: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70927-480-discussion/page-8?do=findComment&comment=1582311

Upon testing (well, listening more carefully), I see what you mean, but I think this is Working as Designed ® There are indeed two sounds, but that seems to have been done intentionally - one sound for active state (mouse button down) and another sound for leaving active state, when you let go of the mouse button.

I share your opinion, we're better off with just one sound, and I believe it should be played only on "mouse button pressed".

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I have a problem with the actual sounds themselves, not that there is a sound for mouse1 hold and release. They are crap tinny sounds that sounds like someone recorded themselves clicking their mouse.

That's what the previous versions' default clicking sounded to me. I find this one to be better, as long as they do away with the "release button" sound.

My impression is that if you turn down the sound effects discerning between the two sounds is very difficult and they sound like one sound. Probably that's the reason I couldn't hear it the first time around. Also, there is some construction works going on outside which have been driving me nuts all day original.gif

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png