[480] Mac - Game Crashes When Loading Area

sirminscalot

Question

17 answers to this question

Unfortunately, not.  I started a brand new game to see if the issue had resolved itself with the beta update.  I can play up until I try to enter one of the buildings in town.  Loading into a building works fine but when I try to leave the building the game crashes every time.

I have the same problem. It doesn't happen 100% of the time but it does happen enough that it becomes nearly unplayable, even though this update is by far the most playable of the backer betas I've played. I'm also playing on a 2014 Macbook Air. It sometimes also happens when I try to save the game. I'm attaching the Crash Report I get.

it looks like you are using yosemite. This may be related to that bug that was reported with previous beta versions. Can someone try with an alternate OS version to confirm.  I am crossing my fingers that the mac version (non-yosemite) will run at release.  

• Like 1

On Yosemite I can enter and exit buildings fine. 

I've played for an hour or so the other day and the game didn't freeze/crash once...

Can you tell me exactly the steps you took? I'll give this a try when I get home tonight.

• Like 1

I did revalidate the game cache but I still got a crash as soon as I tried going to stonewall gorge. Here is the problem report I get POE Problem Report.txt

Maybe you're using another Mac? Admittedly, the MacBook Air 11" is not a good gaming rig but I'd be disappointed if I couldn't play the game on it, albeit at lower graphic settings or some such.

I've got 16GB memory on my laptop so maybe that's why I'm not experiencing the issue?

Yes I imagine that your memory is large enough to withstand whatever has been causing difficulty to our little MacBook Airs :p

You may be hitting an out of memory / garbage collection on transition crash that we believe was fixed last week. Unfortunately, that fix is not in 480.

Glad to hear it has been dealt with. Keep up the good work!

I'm not sure none of my machines are that low. I suspect 4GB + dedicated graphics would be fine, but 4GB with Intel graphics may be fine. It'll probably depend on how well they manage to optimise the games memory usage (they have been working on that recently).

• Like 2