[480] Enchantment changes

mrmonocle

Question

Cannot enchant an exceptional item, although have all the materials and money. Wonder if it's intended or a bug, because it was possible in 435.

ench.jpg

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

12 answers to this question

Confirmed. Works on Fine weapons, but not exceptional.

I can also enchant a Fine Weapon to Exceptional without problems.

I also can't enchant a Fine Weapon with Damaging 1 or Accurate 1, only Accurate 2 or Damaging 2.

Edited by Sensuki

This is actually not a bug, it's intended but the Enchanting rules are very poorly communicated by the game

From Josh on SA

The design didn't change, but the rules are actually being followed (though not communicated well). Quality mods can only move laterally or up and there can only be one on a weapon at a time. So you can go from Accurate 1 to Damaging 1, Fine, or anything else, but when you're at Fine, you can't go down to Accurate 1 or Damaging 1, only over to Accurate 2, Damaging 2 or up to Exceptional, Accurate 3, Damaging 3, or Superb.

When you enchant a Fine weapon with Damaging 2, Damaging 2 replaces the Fine enchantment.

it's logical that the enchantments don't duplicate each other but it should be explained properly IMO.

so accurate1+damaging1=fine? Is it only a matter of what materials you spend on enchantment?

oh, so i should aim for fine, exceptional and superb for max stats?

In case it's helpful, there is a screenshot for the issue Sensuki is talking about:

quality_ench.jpg

Here, the Fine Morning Star of BB Fighter was enchanted with Accurate 2. Note, the item name still showing the word "Fine", despite the Fine enchantment not working any more.

Edit: I guess all the quality enchantments overwrite each other?

Also there is a bug in Accurate 1 description in the enchantment window:

accurate.jpg

I guess the bonus of Accurate 1 was changed from +4 to +5. Though the item description and and on character sheet Accuracy number behave accordingly, the description during the enchantment process shows +4 bonus.

Edit: In the above I was confused by the item description. So perhaps it would be useful to distinguish the item's characteristic?

Edited by ushas

still makes no sense.

Also there is a bug in Accurate 1 description in the enchantment window:

accurate.jpg

I guess the bonus of Accurate 1 was changed from +4 to +5. Though the item description and and on character sheet Accuracy number behave accordingly, the description during the enchantment process shows +4 bonus.

This is not a bug, that is the natural accuracy bonus of the Club. They might do well to change the name of it to "Natural Accuracy" or something though.

Edited by Sensuki

I can still apply two different elemental slashes on a single weapon, should be limited to 1 slash IMO.

This is not a bug, that is the natural accuracy bonus of the Club. They might do well to change the name of it to "Natural Accuracy" or something though.

Ah. Thanks for the correction. So this natural accuracy probably stack with everything.

This is actually not a bug, it's intended but the Enchanting rules are very poorly communicated by the game

From Josh on SA

The design didn't change, but the rules are actually being followed (though not communicated well). Quality mods can only move laterally or up and there can only be one on a weapon at a time. So you can go from Accurate 1 to Damaging 1, Fine, or anything else, but when you're at Fine, you can't go down to Accurate 1 or Damaging 1, only over to Accurate 2, Damaging 2 or up to Exceptional, Accurate 3, Damaging 3, or Superb.

When you enchant a Fine weapon with Damaging 2, Damaging 2 replaces the Fine enchantment.
Great, more incoherent mechanics not explained by the game and makes no sense! Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

Still buggy.... cannot upgrade to exceptional if applied fine and 2 more properties earlier.

Edited by mrmonocle