Guidebook v1; in my hands right now!

I received the Pillars of Eternity Guidebook Volume 1 in the mail today! This thing is certainly sweet enough to make the next two weeks easier :) If there is any interest in a sneak peek of sorts, let me know and I'll try to get some pictures up. I might be busy drooling over this super awesome piece of lore for awhile, though!

Ordered straight from Dark Horse, 1 day delivery :) Thought it wouldn't arrive until after the 26th, being wrong is cool.

Yeah, surprised they're not holding those until release date. I wonder if Obsidian is aware of this.

Guess they are now.

That's actually quite exciting, lam. Please, however, use spoiler tags when posting pages of the hint book. Posting pics of the hint book here without spoiler tags will get it moved out of this forum. ...But I do think it's cool you received the hint book already! Cool times!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

No hints in the book, all lore all the time. It's like a history book with extended footnotes on creatures, gods, locations, etc. Absolutely no spoilers as far as story and characters in present (game world) time.

Won't be home from work until 10pm EST, 15 hours from now,but I'll get some pics up (with spoiler tags just in case) later this evening.

• Like 4

No hints in the book, all lore all the time. It's like a history book with extended footnotes on creatures, gods, locations, etc. Absolutely no spoilers as far as story and characters in present (game world) time.

Won't be home from work until 10pm EST, 15 hours from now,but I'll get some pics up (with spoiler tags just in case) later this evening.

Just an FYI for everyone, we're fine with people posting a handful of pictures or scans as preview or commentary. That is fair use and you're completely allowed to do that. But don't post scans or pictures of the entire book. That would be copyright infringement and we'd be forced to take it down. Carry on. :)

• Like 2

Still at work, but I can tell you that the content and design of this book is amazing. It's dense with information on Eora and local history, but it's put together like an encyclopedia-meets-history book fashion. There's enough unique art to be interesting, but the vast majority is lore heavy.

I'll put 3 or 4 pages up in about 4 hours or so. It should peek enough interest to spawn more sales from those with an itch :)

• Like 1

Okay, here are a handful of scans from the Pillars of Eternity Guidebook Volume One. Enjoy!!

PE%20Table%20of%20Contents_zpsuuo0n9fw.j

PE%20People%20and%20Cultures%201_zpsb5fj

PE%20People%20and%20Cultures%202_zpsc81b

PE%20Languages%20Terms%20and%20Expressio

PE%20Essence%20and%20Animancy_zpsdc5toyb

PE%20Bestiary_zpshcpy5owh.jpg

Edited by iamgoukas
  • Like 21

Beautiful art!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Impressive. It would make me want to order a copy if I didn't already pledge for it.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle