[480] Mouse Cursor can sometimes escape Cage.

MoonWolf

Question

Description:

When using the Mouse Cursor Cage option sometimes the cageing effect will disable causing the cursor to be able to leave the game window. So far I've been  unable to figure out exactly what causes this. It suspect its tied to menus, specificly containers. But I am in no way sure about that.

Disabeling the option and then Leaving the options menu, followed by re-enabeling the option fixes the problem.

Steps to reproduce:

So far i've not been able to reproduce this bug.

Expected Behaviour:

When the Cage Cursor option is enabled the mouse cursor should not be able to leave the game window.

Edited by MoonWolf

2 answers to this question

It's happened to me several times tonight. Can't find the cause of it though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Disabling/enabling the cage sometimes fixes the issues, but sometimes doesn't. Very frustrating in all cases.

I'm having a similar, possibly related issue with 480.

For me, mouse-driven window scrolling is working only intermittently on the top and bottom of the game window. Large parts of the top and bottom borders are unreactive to the presence of the mouse cursor and it feels as though only a tiny part will work -- usually over near the far left or far right corners.

Horizontal (side-to-side) mouse-driven scrolling functions perfectly however.

This is the case irrespective of whether I have cursor cage enabled or disabled, or whether I have one screen active or two. I've tried disabling and re-enabling the mouse scrolling with no discernable effect/change, and likewise on the cursor cage. Restarting steam hasn't helped either.

Noticed the issue as soon as I entered the game from the character creation window.

I'm on Win 7.

Wasn't sure whether to add this here, or post as a separate bug. Would a savegame help too?