480 Discussion

Sensuki

So druid Teeth/Claws do decent damage and the Spiritshift gives you some free DT w/no recovery penalty:

vs26MHf.jpg

However, I tried using my Druid in melee with Vulnerable Attack, and it went very poorly anyway. He did decent damage, landed a couple knockdowns, then quickly got knocked out inside of a knockdown of his own.

I don't imagine it would go much better if I built him more defensively. His deflection is low but as I've ranted about in my defenses thread, there's no happy middle ground and going for substantial enough defenses would nerf his offensive/casting ability into uselessness.

That said I might use the form for the free DT and/or to mop-up easy enemies without spell casting.

• Like 1

This is as designed. Out of combat, if characters are blocked but need to get to a location they will clip. They should try to go around folks in a normal avoidance path, though. If they aren't, that is a bug.

I feel this is better than the traffic jams that could happen previously. Hopefully, there won't be many instances where individuals will clip and, if they do, it will be brief.

Please, please, please, please leave this in.  This is the most amazing thing ever.  I want to fight all my fights like this:

xP5jRbh.jpg

Gee, I'm not sure what i'm looking at. Someone make another video of cool new features!

We have to come up with a good argument with some stats if we want to change Josh Sawyer's mind though.

I am fine with it as is.  The game just forces you to make a choice, do you want to be a tanky guy, a dps who will drop like a wet noodle if you get real aggro, or a ranged party helper/caster dude who never really moves in.  Almost any class can be built any of these ways and be viable, but you are forced to make your build and stick to it.  No one can become the be all end all who does everything.

I disagree - I think mixed focus builds really stink in this game. You can either be really good at offense, or really good at defense. Building in between (mixing your abilities/attributes/talents) and not wearing the optimal gear for your build can be a bad mistake.

Build diversity is a strong point of the game, but mixed focus builds are not one of them IMO.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 5

Oh, Medreth learned Escape. I don't remember him doing that before.

I faced off against Medreth and his pals on normal with 3 different MC (basic BB 5 people party): a Paladin, a Druid and a Chanter.

Party AI seems to still have some issues despite feeling snappier (going after moving away target, retaliating, etc). I saw BB Figher and BB Rogue staying beside the downed boar instead of going after the Ranger that was attacking them. Note, the Ranger was the last enemy standing. I also think BB Priest kind of love to do pit stop if she engage enemies that do not engage her, but that would need to be reevaluated. The target was the fighter and it had 2 party members on it, but I didn't see a engagement arrow toward her.

Chanter new in-combat chant UI icons feels a bit too big to me and the nerf to Thrice Avenged was nasty, I did 10 damage to a target with it (8+0+2, hit, miss, graze...there was only one target because everyone was dead before my Chanter had 3 pips to cast an Invocation). Spells (power/invocation/spells) still need a balance pass.

Druid is still totally awesome (didn't Spiritshift, only cast a few spells and weapons auto-attacks). 188.8 damage against Medreth party and 0 damage received (according to personal stats). Destroyed the Cowled Fighter with a Pike (and BB Rogue's help).

Paladin being able to have their aura up all the time is nice. I'm still a bit underwhelmed by Flame of Devotion, but it's mostly how it scale with weapons and grazing/crits. My Paladin only did 14.3 of damage using Flame of Devotion with a sword, it was a graze and most of the damage is Flame of Devotion but still felt like I wasted the ability.

I love the new portraits, they are awesome. Male might be missing a few hoods though.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

This is as designed. Out of combat, if characters are blocked but need to get to a location they will clip. They should try to go around folks in a normal avoidance path, though. If they aren't, that is a bug.

I feel this is better than the traffic jams that could happen previously. Hopefully, there won't be many instances where individuals will clip and, if they do, it will be brief.

Please, please, please, please leave this in.  This is the most amazing thing ever.  I want to fight all my fights like this:

xP5jRbh.jpg

Gee, I'm not sure what i'm looking at. Someone make another video of cool new features!

Took me a second too. The guy has stacked every member of his party on the same spot. It's the reason no-clip is bad and, sigh, should probably be put back in, otherwise you get really really really cheesy combat tactics.

• Like 3

I disagree - I think mixed focus builds really stink in this game. You can either be really good at offense, or really good at defense. Building in between (mixing your abilities/attributes/talents) and not wearing the optimal gear for your build can be a bad mistake.

Build diversity is a strong point of the game, but mixed focus builds are not one of them IMO.

Especially since, in all likelihood, the pre-made companions will not be min/maxed.

• Like 2

So far I like the cosmetic changes and the small details -- Mind Wave costs 10 focus now instead of 20, which means you can actually use it at first level if you take it at first level, which is a good change.  The sound seems better overall. 

The no-clip, yeah, that's ridiculous and should go. I mean it's not a huge thing if you don't deliberately cheeeese it but it's so silly that it'll trivialize the game content in multiple ways, both aesthetically (DOGPILE) and strategically. 

I still think the game desperately needs an Auto-pause option for "at the end of each character's action (spell, attack, move order, etc.)"

I'm *slightly* disappointed that it doesn't look like Perception is going to get a buff for ranged characters before release, but I guess I'll deal.

Probably build my Cipher Might 15 / Dex 14 / Int 19 on my first run and play with blunderbuss and dual-wield melee.

• Like 1

I'm *slightly* disappointed that it doesn't look like Perception is going to get a buff for ranged characters before release, but I guess I'll deal.

Coming to an IE mod near you - +1 Accuracy on Perception instead of +1 Deflection.

• Like 3

Coming to an IE mod near you - +1 Accuracy on Perception instead of +1 Deflection.

Which stat are you giving the Deflection to?

You guys lost me there with dat "clipping". Can I get some context? what is this clipping everyone is talking about?

Did you watch any of the videos? It's pretty obvious. The characters have no collision so they can stack on each other and or run through things.

Everyone has their own idea of what stats should do but definition/literal wise I can see Perception being Deflection and Accuracy...but since it already does interrupt...

Are you changing Dex in the IE mod...seems like a nice spot for Deflection.

Edited by GreyFox