480 Discussion

Sensuki

I've been catching up with the comments on the latest version and I must say I'm a bit worried I'll be disappointed at the probable still significantly buggy state of the game at launch. I remember when the kickstarter was up and one of the frequent comments was that without a publisher's leash Obsidian would avoid past history of releasing very buggy games at launch. But right now I already see users pointing they merely expect "a bug free critical path" , no "*missing string* descriptions" and other stuff which should be taken for granted. I honestly hate to play excessively buggy games and my usual stance is to let RPGs "mature" for some months at least before playing, but I find it annoying and absurd to be forced to have such low standards for a commercial product and I had hopes for this game to change it at least to some degree.

I haven't played the latest build yet, so my question for those who did is if they feel like Obsidian will be able to launch a significantly less buggy game than it usually does this time or if it will just prove publishers aren't deserving of all the blame after all?

Looks like enchanted items now glow blue like in Diablo

10955096_526486820826466_392000971_n.jpg

sanguine plate is the best plate in the game imo (needs enchanting though).

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Any "Missing String" bugs you find in English on the backer beta just mean they weren't correctly marked as "Export for Backer Beta". In the non-beta build, they show up fine.

We didn't want to ship all of the strings in the entire game in the beta for spoiler purposes.

I honestly thought it was self-evident without elaboration.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I haven't played the latest build yet, so my question for those who did is if they feel like Obsidian will be able to launch a significantly less buggy game than it usually does this time or if it will just prove publishers aren't deserving of all the blame after all?

Beta 480 is already leaps and bounds less buggy than the standard Obsidian day one release
  • Like 3

Since there's a programmer present, do you think you guys would have time to include an option to flip portraits in release so they face right or left? No biggy, but lots of the portraits are great, but if you have a pet, then they cover up a good portion of the portrait.

That's not something I have heard mentioned until today, so I wouldn't count on it for release. I know it might sound small to do but, there are a lot of small suggestions requested weekly on here and by the dev team. If we tried to cram all of them in, we would never have time to fix the bigger bugs and issues.

Even as of right now, we still have a sizable list of bugs and improvements we still want to address. But on a positive note, we have post release patches planned out and will be working on an expansion soon after. So feel free to keep offering out suggestions and they may end up getting shuffled into the mix somewhere.

Though it may not seem like it sometimes, the devs are constantly reading a lot of the stuff posted on here.

• Like 5

Twitter: @robyatadero

I promised at least 100 bug reports this patch, over half way now. Got through most of the easy/minor ones that I found on the first day, now starting to get into the ones that require a bit more effort. After I'm through these I'll do my character art / item pass, and then go look for more.

• Like 6

I feel like there is a game of chicken going on between Tartancyo and Luckmann. With Eldoth at stake.

I have no fears. Mine's got armour. :lol:

Since there's a programmer present, do you think you guys would have time to include an option to flip portraits in release so they face right or left? No biggy, but lots of the portraits are great, but if you have a pet, then they cover up a good portion of the portrait.

While this'd be a sweet feature, as a suggested work-around, you could probably flip the portraits manually and include it as a custom portrait yourself. Just a suggestion in case you hadn't thought of it.
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Re: Druid OPness.

I think what bothers me the most about it is that from my perspective there are really only two types of fights in the backer beta at this point: Fights that I win pretty comfortably and fights where the BBWizard gets blown the hell up by a high Stag's Horn roll.

That's not something I have heard mentioned until today, so I wouldn't count on it for release. I know it might sound small to do but, there are a lot of small suggestions requested weekly on here and by the dev team. If we tried to cram all of them in, we would never have time to fix the bigger bugs and issues.

Even as of right now, we still have a sizable list of bugs and improvements we still want to address. But on a positive note, we have post release patches planned out and will be working on an expansion soon after. So feel free to keep offering out suggestions and they may end up getting shuffled into the mix somewhere.

Though it may not seem like it sometimes, the devs are constantly reading a lot of the stuff posted on here.

I have been very impressed with how responsive the developers have been to user questions and requests. 

I will definitely be buying the expansion.