480 Discussion

Sensuki

Beetles aren't that bad now, or at least their poison isn't - the Adra beetle lightning is still crazy but preventable.

Beetles on hard are pretty challenging in my experience. That might not be the case on other difficulties, but as I have no intention of playing lower than hard, I'm going to say Beetles are still pretty tough.

As to the state of the game, I think we're going to have to wait till after the release of the expansion pack and some major patches to that before we get to highly polished. Would like to be pleasantly surprised, but am going to be realistic.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Beetles aren't that bad now, or at least their poison isn't - the Adra beetle lightning is still crazy but preventable.

Beetles on hard are pretty challenging in my experience. That might not be the case on other difficulties, but as I have no intention of playing lower than hard, I'm going to say Beetles are still pretty tough.

As to the state of the game, I think we're going to have to wait till after the release of the expansion pack and some major patches to that before we get to highly polished. Would like to be pleasantly surprised, but am going to be realistic.

They're predictable and very CC-able. I killed them with 3 characters on hard - granted though that they were very power-gamed characters(Paladin Tank, Chanter, Druid).

The Wood Beetles go down fast. The Adra's lightning attack you can interrupt with a knock down or whatever, and those who aren't engaged can just run out of the way of wherever it's being aimed. The stone beetles aren't very dangerous, if you have at least one or two decent deflection characters.

Maybe I've just done them so many times though that it's become easy for me. They did give me trouble the first time I was trying out the beta.

They're predictable and very CC-able. I killed them with 3 characters on hard - granted though that they were very power-gamed characters(Paladin Tank, Chanter, Druid).

The Wood Beetles go down fast. The Adra's lightning attack you can interrupt with a knock down or whatever, and those who aren't engaged can just run out of the way of wherever it's being aimed. The stone beetles aren't very dangerous, if you have at least one or two decent deflection characters.

Maybe I've just done them so many times though that it's become easy for me. They did give me trouble the first time I was trying out the beta.

And you can cheese them, as most of them have territorial behaving pattern, meaning that they don't chase character after certain point if they loose sight of them, which allowed me to kill all of them with solo-run chanter in PoD difficulty.

I think this was mentioned somewhere earlier but I'm getting much worse FPS in the Skaen temple with this backer beta.

Definitely. Performance is very disappointing this close to launch. If the day 1 patch doesn't fix this I will be waiting until they do before I play. Should mean the game is less buggy also.

I find it funny that they keep a tight lid on the Wizard and have nerfed several Cipher and Chanter damage spells but the Druid spell list continues to be ridiculously OP.

Well what are the druids gonna do without kickass spells Sensuki? Spirit Shift? Pffft. 

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I find it funny that they keep a tight lid on the Wizard and have nerfed several Cipher and Chanter damage spells but the Druid spell list continues to be ridiculously OP.

Well what are the druids gonna do without kickass spells Sensuki? Spirit Shift? Pffft.

I think per-day spells should pack a punch, but some of the Druid spells do a bit too much, and most Wizard damage spells are for some reason deliberately being kept underpowered.

• Like 1

Fortunately, this exploit does not happen in a normal game, unless you really push yourself and probably only when you are going to attack a neutral party.

I take it you don't like engagement or noclipping, but using this exploit as an argument is not the best idea.

Fortunately, this exploit does not happen in a normal game, unless you really push yourself and probably only when you are going to attack a neutral party.

I take it you don't like engagement or noclipping, but using this exploit as an argument is not the best idea.

It shows how no clipping can mess the game up. There is no "argument"; he's showing off an exploit.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The release version is expected to have a bug free critical path.

This isn't the most damning evidence of the game being less than ready for release, but still, look at the version number. 480, sounds like "wish we could have another six months or so to do more polishing, but there you go".

Most of the changes in later patches will not be feature additions or bigfixes which everyone will notice. I'm imagining a lot of rebalancing though. The real betatest of the classes and talents will begin on release.

So yeah, I'm expecting a stable alpha on the 26th which will reach gold status when the expansion comes out next year. Be advised. ;)

Something nice I saw and I keep forgetting to mention - the character models and textures seem really improved now. I only saw two classes whose models retain the silly giant stitches. Overall everyone's textures look better to me and the models are improved too.

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

It shows how no clipping can mess the game up. There is no "argument"; he's showing off an exploit.

I meant that if you want to point out broken mechanics, it is better to argue it with real game situations rather than a nonaccidental exploit.

Wizards have some nice combo spells and have to really build up their damage/use control/debuff. You can Eldritch Aim to get high accuracy first, use Combusting Flames one things taking frequent hits, decrease Fort/Will/Reflex before using spells targeting those, etc. etc.

While Druids just cast one spell and everything takes a ton of damage straight up. Which means they get way more mileage per-spell cast and last through more encounters most of the time..

It's like they were each balanced for entirely different games. Druids are suited for the quick fights which PoE has, while with Wizard's it's like they're balanced for something much slower paced - outside of a few spells that are very strong.

Druid AoEs are also huge and don't do less damage than harder to place and smaller and shorter range Wizard spells.

It's definitely very, very off.

Edited by Odd Hermit
  • Like 1

Does this expolit can be used when you know you will fight a neutral group of enemies just after? If yes, it can be a common situation and not that rare

I don't think that at your first playthrough, you will know when will a natural team just turn hostile.

J_C from Codexia

Does this expolit can be used when you know you will fight a neutral group of enemies just after? If yes, it can be a common situation and not that rare

I don't think that at your first playthrough, you will know when will a natural team just turn hostile.

The first ok, and the next ones? Are you gonna play this game once?

Edited by Mazisky

It's not just a neutral party. I just tested this with the lions. Had all my fighters on top of each other with one lion at the tip of the fog of war and hit him with a bow. Then changed the bow to my melee weapon. The lions rushed in and they got hit with disengagement attacks.

Best item I've found so far -

GMZTXzA.jpg

Holy carp. Going to nuke things so hard with my Druid.

I know this is something that some people have brought up before, but it bears repeating. I can't stand the way this game presents statistics. And this picture here is a perfect example.

x1.2 damage. It looks so....soulless to me. Why don't they just say "spell damage increased by 20%"? Easier to comprehend and it *looks* so much more impressive.

• Like 11

The first ok, and the next ones? Are you gonna play this game once?

By the time I get to the 2nd time, I will forget about which natural will turn enemy. :p

J_C from Codexia