480 Discussion

Sensuki

Build 480 is out

and I do not like one of the new click sounds, but the other one is okay.

Hellooooooooooo new portraits.

VO still plays in the left channel instead of the middle, but they've remastered it I think.

Some weird issues with super loud click noise again.

PATHFINDING IMPROVEMENTS??

VO volume is too loud, way too loud.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

They've implemented a disable auto attack, but that's like the opposite extreme between an annoying auto-attack and no auto attack. Guise ....

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 5

Loading screens still look crappy. Back to lossless please.

The auto-attacks don't seem to be *as* annoying. Done two fights so far and it was not as bad as previous although I think some of my characters are changing targets without me telling them to.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Jeebus, Stone Beetles seem to be qualifying for Disengagement attacks as soon as they teleport from one burrow location to another - if you have any moving characters nearby - disengagement attack, instantly. That's annoying.

• Like 2

ERM WTF - auto-attack + disengagement attacks is a bad combination. They've done something to make engagement snappier, so if an enemy unit stops for a split second and one of your characters is moving nearby - disengagement attack. What a sh1tty system lmao.

• Like 6

Impressions from the new version:
- Improved main menu music.
- More ear pleasing button sounds in the main menu and options.
- More UI sounds in game (and they're good).
- Gone is the horrible inventory sound that made my ears bleed - it's replaced with a soothing sound.
- Party characters voices have a nice little echo added to them.
- The volume for inventory items being picked up and dropped off was lowered down (good).

The game sounds much much better than before. It's like they changed their sounds guy or something. Really, hats off to whoever did it.

• Like 5
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

There appears to be a new pathfinding bug where if the immediate path to a target is blocked (e.g. if two of your characters are in front of a target), then your other two characters will cancel their move action ... so like if you issue 4 characters to attack a single wolf, two of them at the back just won't do it.

Need to test that more, as that appears to be really annoying.

• Like 4

I like that character creation portraits now start at your race.  Also they ditched some of the useless talents like Graceful Retreat and +10 against being charmed-- EDIT: Oh, they're still there, just level restricted.

rip faith and conviction bonus.

EDIT: you need to type 'Iroll20s' to get console commands now.

Edited by roguelike
  • Like 1

I think Beetles are a bit harder now, actually - although mostly because of the engagement changes. They didn't tune the Adra Beetle Shocking Blast damage either, or remove the smoke VFX which lags the game.

Going to have a shower and do some cleaning up ... then into the long dark abyss I go.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I'm using a Fine War Hammer in the off-hand in that instance, which is why there's a difference of +4 Accuracy. IIRC the off-hand actually strikes first, which is the reason I don't have it the other way around.

There's ambient sound in the inn

New portraits are nice and include helms and hoods for "vague" characters which we asked for - albeit the males are all helm no hood.

They changed Nature Godlike Racial and I don't like it. I dislike things that only kick in at lower health values though. They're now kinda like Humans, but can't wear helms.

Chanters have a new UI that I'll be trying out along with Thrice Was She Wronged to see how nerfed it is.

Generally things look a bit nicer, and the character models are nicer in-game, more smooth/less sharp looking to better match how they look in game rather than the character generator. Overall I like it.

I'll be basically throwing all of my time at this for awhile, minus 30mins here and there for food/dog stuff. And sleep, I guess.

• Like 2