Pillars of Eternity game guide

I'm wondering could you make an  game guide on which spells are buffs, debuffs and  destruction oriented.

When approaching tough battle often you need to now every info about the spell.

BTW, are there some other type of spells already mentioned?

Thx

This might be what you're looking for.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Or you could just go to the wikia or other fansite.    I'm boggled by the idea that prima can still make money selling those things when they're 20 years out of touch.

Eh, some people like to have the phyiscal goods, either for aesthetics or so they don't need to alt-tab. That being said, I'm more boggled by how some of them can be much, much worse than most guides online, given that people are being paid to do them.

I thought there was no more physical goods available!

Anyways, I agree we need something to explain the game mechanics abit, like a tutorial. Hoepfully there is one in the game at release.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

This might be what you're looking for.

Thanks to that link the otherday, I bought it, since its not available for pledges anymore (shame.)

Its been like 3-4 days, and Amazon has no shipping information for me yet (like tracking), so I also guess, I really won't get it until the game is out. Hope I get it the same day at the least. the day before would be great !

Handy to be able to flip actual pages back and forth sometimes.  E-books have their uses but are hardly portable and rather difficult to skim for relevent info.

actually, on a dpa, or iphone or ipad/samsung galaxy etc.. these are easy to use, and REALLY handy, because you can stay ingame without alt-tabbing, and just a click of the finger to turn a page, also they clutter up the desk less, and are easier to use once you have a good reader installed. Either epubs or pdf's however you view them. I prefer e-books over physical books now, but only recently, as the technology really has caught up. Less fatigue when reading on the bed too, less eye strain then before, also much easier to bookmark, more portable..etc...

Edited by Azmodiuz

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

I got the Digital Game Guide as an increase to my pledge in the backer portal, but while my game activation key is available, the guide is not. Is it a digital version of the Prima guide?

I quite like guides when it comes to games with considerable depth and complexity. I remember having my NWN 1&2 manuals printed out on paper for quick reference (spell guides and progression tables, BAB progression, etc). The most useful things to have quick reference to in PoE, I imagine, is talent/ability lists, spell lists and class/spell progression tables. I'm a fan of good Bestiary type in-game resources too, when well implemented. A good bestiary should give at a glance info on strengths/weaknesses in addition to any (optional) blurb.