Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

6 x 6 = 36

Zoinks! He must've DL'd it 6 times.

Maybe he got 6 keys and figured he'd need to DL each one :p (Hmm, Linux, Mac, Win on gog + steam ...)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Apparently, gigglebytes is an arbitrary measurement unit for fun that you can have while downloading a game. If the gigglebyte size is larger than the download size, you are having fun while waiting for the download to finish. If it is smaller, then not so much :blink::p

• Like 2

"Sky Dragon"

Sorta makes me want to...

https://youtu.be/kxRX6LXDpWs

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Ugh damn. I can't decide where to have  Hero Edition and where the Royal edition redeemed. :S  I guess i'll have the game and later the expansion on steam and all the goodies on GOG. Or not. :S

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The pre-load is complete! hooray, now just got a day of work tomorrow to go and then I can play!

Shame the last few steps of the road were very rocky, I definitely think Obsidian can learn from release since they cut it veeeeery close and GOG users might not get to play the game the day it is released depending on download speed, but at the moment i'm just reading through the manual and getting STOKED for tomorrow evening!

• Like 1

GOG users might not get to play the game the day it is released depending on download speed

This is also true for The Witcher 3, which is the game that is made by the people running GOG. Preloading has never been the standard and it has never been the standard that you could definitely play a large game on release, especially if you have slow download speed.

You keep talking about this as if it's some kind of valid expectation, and it isn't.

By the way, I started the download this morning, then left for work. (Told the computer to shut itself down automatically.) After getting my key I practically had a whole day to download it. I don't think this was "cutting it close".

But yeah, enough of that. Let's rather focus on being excited for tomorrow's release!

GOG users might not get to play the game the day it is released depending on download speed

This is also true for The Witcher 3, which is the game that is made by the people running GOG. Preloading has never been the standard and it has never been the standard that you could definitely play a large game on release, especially if you have slow download speed.

You keep talking about this as if it's some kind of valid expectation, and it isn't.

By the way, I started the download this morning, then left for work. (Told the computer to shut itself down automatically.) After getting my key I practically had a whole day to download it. I don't think this was "cutting it close".

But yeah, enough of that. Let's rather focus on being excited for tomorrow's release!

Hopefully GoG Galaxy will be out for TW3. I've personally got a physical copy of the game for the goodies (so might not have the game on release at all) but might be able to get one with a new GPU I'm planning on buying (hopefully a Steam copy) but it does suck that only Origin and Steam can offer preloading.

I personally woke up really early today (like 10 to 6 early) so I had time to grab my key and set the download going so it was complete by 2pm (as it was going at non-peak times so was pretty quick) but other people might not be as lucky as me or have the same living conditions like being able to leave a computer on or whatever. 

Either way I'm sure if there's another Kickstarter for a future Eternity game everyone will have learned from their mistakes and the preload and keys can be offered further in advance. It's a learning process for everyone involved. 

I'm quite sure, this being their first Kickstarter, that Obsidian is learning a ton from all this. But, what they're not learning is "just put our keys out earlier." It's not like they just said "Hey man... Tuesday night at 9:45 Pacific Time should be PLENTY early enough for the Thursday morning release! Let's just sit around doing nothing until then, then one of us will go click a button that releases all the keys."

People keep acting like everything that occurs is the direct result of Obsidian's efforts/actions. I can guarantee that what they're learning is all the crazy stuff that crops up in the process of fulfillment that you wouldn't think of beforehand, and how to maybe account for it in the future.

Either it's actually much trickier than you'd think, or all the incompetent people in the industry just happen to have decided to start Kickstarter campaigns, 'cause I haven't really seen a first-time campaign yet that didn't have oodles of unforeseen problems. Not always the exact same problems, mind you. But SOMETHING always goes against what was planned.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Anticipation levels are certainly rising as we enter the final straight here.  I actually missed some of the old infinity engine games on the first time around and its only through GOG that I'm getting to play catch up.  It really was a marvellous era and I'm very much looking forward to seeing Obsidian's modern take.

How about the physical rewards? Will they arrive on thursday too? I think this was the plan but I don't expect to get my stuff until next week earliest since I'm in Norway.

At the product page it states "shipping soon" with green fonts.

How about the physical rewards? Will they arrive on thursday too? I think this was the plan but I don't expect to get my stuff until next week earliest since I'm in Norway.

At the product page it states "shipping soon" with green fonts.

If you are in Europe in about a months time according to this thread. If you are in the US within the next days. Have fun guys. I will wait till everything arrives. -_-

at the moment i'm just reading through the manual and getting STOKED for tomorrow evening!

Where did you find a copy?

Here is a link to the manual from the Steam page of my game: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/291650/manuals/pe-game-manual.pdf?t=1427302221

I love that you can swap companions at the Stronghold. Now I don't need to worry about sacrificing the scripted companions for custom adventurers. 

at the moment i'm just reading through the manual and getting STOKED for tomorrow evening!

Where did you find a copy?

Here is a link to the manual from the Steam page of my game: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/291650/manuals/pe-game-manual.pdf?t=1427302221

Thanks, I had somehow never noticed the manual link in Steam until you pointed it out.