Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

Hi,

Most of Wednesday done here in South Africa, and no keys yet.

Am I correct that it will appear under Accounts/Products ?

Cheers

Cobus

Yes, that's where it will be. Keep in mind that Obs is on the west coast of the USA. Right now it's only just after 7 AM on Tuesday morning. If they're going to get the keys out today, it will likely be several hours from now at the earliest.

And... most of Wednesday done in SA? That doesn't seem correct.

With 2 days and 3 hours to go listed on Steam and no keys yet, I'm starting to become concerned that standard Steam customers will be able to access the game first. As a longtime backer, that doesn't seem right. I hope the email arrives soon.

• Like 1

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
15327.jpg

Hi,

Cheers

Cobus

Yes, that's where it will be. Keep in mind that Obs is on the west coast of the USA. Right now it's only just after 7 AM on Tuesday morning. If they're going to get the keys out today, it will likely be several hours from now at the earliest.

It is already Wednesday afternoon :)

Just disappointing just to have Obsidian know what the date is and now it appears to have problems ad there is no/very little communications to explain anything

Hi,

Cheers

Cobus

Just disappointing just to have Obsidian know what the date is and now it appears to have problems ad there is no/very little communications to explain anything

Now, call me crazy, but I'm in the same timezone as most of Africa, and it's still tuesday afternoon here. :)

I hope Obsidian never does another Kickstarter. 2 1/2 years of listening to entitled "supporters" whine about every. ****ing. detail. is something that I only want to experience once.

Game comes out 2 days from now. As they have stated (numerous times) in the past, updates are a lot of work. They probably have a canned update ready to fire when there is something to actually report. Right now everyone is probably running on <4 hours of sleep, trying to make sure everything is squared away for launch.

STFU and let them work.

• Like 9

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Maybe you should check the calendar, because it's only Tuesday morning here on the west coast of North America, and I'm pretty certain the International Date Line doesn't run through the Atlantic. ;)

i probably won't back anything else Obsidian does based off the way they've handled sending out these keys.

You backed them based on their key giving abilities?

Anyway day is not yet over so I don't see how they have done anything wrong yet.

• Like 4

i probably won't back anything else Obsidian does based off the way they've handled sending out these keys.

You backed them based on their key giving abilities?

Anyway day is not yet over so I don't see how they have done anything wrong yet.

Indeed. Seriously, it's still only 9 AM here on the west coast and Obs said they hoped to have the keys out either yesterday or today. Hell, they've probably barely gotten into the office yet. There are still plenty of hours left in the day for them to get them out to us. People really need to take a deep breath an have a little patience.

• Like 2

I've avoided the backer beta, this site, and spoilers in general because I wanted the full fresh experience. I'm eagerly awaiting my keys to arrive. I trust Obsidian to get this right, I'm just anxious.

I thought I'd post here about it, since I know so many of us are in the same situation. I hope that everyone has a great launch.

• Like 2

Guys, just look at the time at the west coast.

Or better, look when a new Update was posted.

Most of the time i got an email for a kickstarter Update when i was asleep in the night and

when i checked my emails the next morning i got it.

so , i think with the keys it will be the same as with the Kickstarter Updates.

And besides, even IF we had our keys, there would be no way to play.

We have to wait till tomorrow until we can preload and till thursday( i guess 6 pm here in europe) till we can play.

So theres no point in having our keys as long as we can't do anything with it.

• Like 1

Indeed. Seriously, it's still only 9 AM here on the west coast and Obs said they hoped to have the keys out either yesterday or today. Hell, they've probably barely gotten into the office yet. There are still plenty of hours left in the day for them to get them out to us. People really need to take a deep breath an have a little patience.

Hoped being the key word.

Edited by Plenum

Yeah, I'm also hoping that we can download everything early and start playing soon as the 26th hits.  I'd be a little disappointed if we're not able to pre-load the game.  Hell, I believe kickstarter people should have had a few days head start anyway, but that's just me cause I'm a kickstarter

• Like 1

Having only browsed generally through the thread it seems to me like there are a lot of people really wound up about not getting keys early / media having them early etc.

I went in knowing I was backing a game, I wasn't and don't expect any early treatement nor special privleges. The fact they've stuck to their guns to develop this game and from what little I've seen (deliberately to avoid any spoilers) it looks exactly as I hoped.

When it releases I'll be happy, even if its going to take me a day to download the whole thing before I can play it, why, because Obsidian put a lot of heart into this project and I was just damn glad I could go ahead and back it in the first time.

Perhaps it is just my age, but patience is a godsend when it comes to game releases. Be happy they've developed it up, that you backed it and that (with hope) it'll be damn awesome.

• Like 5

haha no keys, like you've had...no keys for 4 years now and 2 days before people go into meltdown. I want the guide or almanac more right now.

But I am curious to see how they implement the key choice..purely for intrigue.

A keys a key's but the Alamanac could be anything...it could even be a key!

Stay cool bonebags

• Like 2

Fairy Light Chip of Draxor FX Enchanted@4.5 static bolts

Holy graphics card of Edenwell 6000

8 Gelgaplex of rammage

100 stash squares of the heavy traveller