Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

Em... does anyone have received a notification mail about choosing digital platform of distribution yet (steam/gog)?

Greetings to Greece! No, but I guess we will receive an update on monday and the keys on tuesday. But just guessing.... :-)

• Like 1

Would the Backer Beta Build directly Chanced in the Full Build, next Week? I have buyed the Digital Version of the Game and the Backer Beta Account.  Or get a Key in my Konto next Week for the Steam Activasion?

No - the backer beta is a separate product on steam - you'll need to claim a full-game key (choosing steam/gog as you like) when the keys are released ('soon') and then redeem it on Steam/gog.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I never got this update in the mail.  I only saw it because I was wondering "shouldn't the game be out soon?"  Oh well, probably kickstarter didn't forward it.

Anyway, seeing this bickering makes me think that it's a real game now.

Same here, guess Kickstarter fluked on this update... and shame on me for ignoring the Obs forums for so long 0_o

Anyway, looking forward to the 26th, or pre-loading :). GIMME ME KEHHHH!

I hear ya. I've got like 9 other things backed right now on Kickstarter. And that's AFTER I stopped myself from impulsively backing all the things I wanted to back.

The joy of not having a credit card. I need to drag my dad over here, or go through friends who do have one to Kickstart.

And if you say "why not order a credit card?" well... my bank account will hate you ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Why not release a final version for all backers before it becomes available to the public?

That's the question I aks myself all the time.

Gold master is done.

Youtubers already got copies, already playing.

Journalists already got copies, already playing.

Backers still have to wait. I don't understand that.

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 2
35167v4.jpg

Release date is the 26th. That's why you don't get it.

• Like 2

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Why not release a final version for all backers before it becomes available to the public?

Since there is going to be a day 1 patch I would really rather wait until the 26th anyways. If that is when the game plus patch is ready then that is when everyone should get the game.

There is no problem in wanting it earlier, but I have no ill feelings or thoughts towards obsidian/paradox for releasing the game the way they are.

LOL, apparently even youtubers were given the game already so they could play the game in advance and record let's play that go live tomorrow. 

Obsidian continues to kick their backers in the butt...

My god, press gets the game early! What a revolution in marketing, heretofore unprecedented in the annals of gaming.... :banghead: 

• Like 2

• I understand that some of the backers may be upset that others get to review the game before you get to play, but it is necessary if we want day one reviews to be live. If we opened up the review build to backers the majority of the game would be leaked before launch day and the press would (rightfully) break their embargos so that their reviews are relevant.

Once again, I apologize to any backers that feel slighted. That is not our intention. Our intention is to have the best launch possible. We (Obsidian and backers) have spent over two years on this journey together and we can't thank you enough. We just ask that you understand what we are doing is for maximum exposure and the good of the game.

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

• I understand that some of the backers may be upset that others get to review the game before you get to play, but it is necessary if we want day one reviews to be live. If we opened up the review build to backers the majority of the game would be leaked before launch day and the press would (rightfully) break their embargos so that their reviews are relevant.

Once again, I apologize to any backers that feel slighted. That is not our intention. Our intention is to have the best launch possible. We (Obsidian and backers) have spent over two years on this journey together and we can't thank you enough. We just ask that you understand what we are doing is for maximum exposure and the good of the game.

Hi BAdler, never mind! I just see it your way. If the ratings are high (85% or higher) the game will sell very well. This is very good for anyone: backers, Obsidian and all fans of BG-like cRPGs. And gooooood for a sequel or a Poe 2...  :-)

Weird, I didn't get this update via Kickstarter email.

I did. It posted March 12 on Kickstarter. You may want to re-check your notifications under settings.

Looking forward to getting to pre-load this soon.

LOL, apparently even youtubers were given the game already so they could play the game in advance and record let's play that go live tomorrow. 

Obsidian continues to kick their backers in the butt...

My god, press gets the game early! What a revolution in marketing, heretofore unprecedented in the annals of gaming.... :banghead:

Ahem, kickstarter was indeed a revolution in gaming. But game companies still act like they had a traditional publisher.

And there is nothing wrong with handing review copies out early. I just don't see why backers aren't allowed to play the game before the public once the gold master is done.

By the way, review embargos are so yesterday. Nobody gives a damn if you read a review today or next week. And if if there is a review embargo there is something like NDAs for normal players as well. That's how every traditional closed beta is handled...

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Gold -> release. would have been in the spirit of kickstarting this whole project and a nice appreciation for the backers.

Hi BAdler, never mind! I just see it your way. If the ratings are high (85% or higher) the game will sell very well. This is very good for anyone: backers, Obsidian and all fans of BG-like cRPGs. And gooooood for a sequel or a Poe 2...   :-)

Don´t know... if it gets good reviews, it gets good reviews - vice versa. Gold then release, would have been in the spirit of kickstarting this whole project. But nevermind i can wait a couple of days longer. Cheers to everyone.

My god, press gets the game early! What a revolution in marketing, heretofore unprecedented in the annals of gaming.... bangheadir0.gif

PR... Too difficulty to grasp for the modern gamer...

See above. Since OBVIOUSLY no game needs to sell copies or anything. That is SOOOooo 1999.

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It would be kind of hard to sing NDAs with 75k+ backers that reside in different countries with different legal systems. It's a press review copy, so it is not 100% what we will get on day 1. Giving them out, is to create more coverage and more buzz in the internet for the game, so hopefully it will be successful (at least on par with D:OS) and then we can expect more of the games like this